Westhaven-Bayswater Marina Berth wanted

smithy09

Hi all.

Before I commit to a berth in Bayswater, has anyone got a 14 metre berth in Westhaven or Bayswater they want to rent long term? Needs to have 2.4 metre draft minimum. Not interested in paying much more than $550 a month.. Anyone interested? Cheers, Smithy.

Hi Marshy.

Not quite completed the sale yet but almost there... I feel safe enough to say the deal is done now... (Touch wood). I have jumped right in the deep end and bought a Ross 40, Marshall Law.

Hey KM. The other half is even looking at houses in Bayswater now..... What have I started??

:lol: :lol: :lol: The old 'well if you get a boat, I'm getting a new house' scenario I see. Sadly I know it too well :) :)

Hey KM. The other half is even looking at houses in Bayswater now..... What have I started??

:lol: :lol: :lol: The old 'well if you get a boat, I'm getting a new house' scenario I see. Sadly I know it too well :) :)

You guys have obviously missed an opp to combine these two - should have gone for a massive liveaboard and killed both birds with one boat.

Hi Marshy.

Not quite completed the sale yet but almost there... I feel safe enough to say the deal is done now... (Touch wood). I have jumped right in the deep end and bought a Ross 40, Marshall Law.

Awesome nice work dude, I did a lot of miles on her when i was a boy, and helped Geoff do it up to the standard it is now. Including getting the fun job of all the varnish trim downstairs!

Hi Marshy.

Awesome nice work dude, I did a lot of miles on her when i was a boy, and helped Geoff do it up to the standard it is now. Including getting the fun job of all the varnish trim downstairs!

So I've got you to thank for the neat interior? Great job you guys did. Love all the little carbon covers on the instruments. The companionway stairs are works of art... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yeah I fell in love with her first look...

if you ever need crew..! i promise to be gentle with the rig :P

She's a pretty skinny stick JH.. It wouldn't take much effort to get it wrong? Thanks for the offer. You never know! :D :D I have to figure a few things out for myself first though. Lots of ropes...

there is already harkin blood in those decks so youre f---ed anyway :lol:

congrats on the purchase though, mighty fine vessel!

Really? Have you crewed on her before?? Yeah thanks re the purchase. I am well chuffed.

If it still has the feathering prop you will fall in love with overdrive mode! Can really get it stonking with the prop over feathered! But great purchase Smithy. Geoff did a lot of cool stuff with the Carbon work, I have also done alot on the rig over the years as we looked after it for a long time, Always thought it was one of those "it will fall over someday" masts but it never fell over so it cant be that bad!

Thanks Wheels. To be honest, it was way outside my budget and the size of yacht I was looking for, but I just fell in love with it. What Marshy says about the carbon work is true. Every backing plate for winches, sheet tracks, stanchions, is custom carbon. All the instruments have custom carbon mouldings over the backs of them. It has been a labour of love for sure. I will have to learn how to do those carbon mouldings as they look just great..

Marshy, I might have to talk to you about the chainplate arrangement sometime if you have a moment. That was one thing the survey brought up that I have to deal with..

Wheels, a couple of the nice carbon bits attached.. Add to that all the Harken ST winches, hydraulic kicker and outhaul, new keel and rudder, batten cars for the mast, I just couldn't walk away!

Add to that I had a really nice drive of a Ross 40 in a coastal one year, and it was by far the nicest keelboat I have ever driven...

Carbon cover.JPG

Steps.JPG

Archived