Bucklands Beach Single handed race

Changed

This race has been rescheduled for next Sunday. Will be good to see all of the keen SHs out there. The course is start(Motukorea Beacon) roudng motuihe to S to North Leadiing Beacon to finish as Motukorea. It is part of a series but stiil a good one off if you're into sailing on your own. Come out Knot Me. Would be good to line up against you again. Might get wind.

It is part of a series but stiil a good one off if you're into sailing on your own.
Quite correct and it's a goodie for those new to the solo game as the corners have good room to fix a whoopsy, should you have one. A real good all-rounder when talking the boat speed verse the boat handling aspects.
Come out Knot Me. Would be good to line up against you again.
Being called out by the new Team CC am I TM? :wink: Seeing you asked nice like, bring it on...
Might get wind.
I'm sure I remember stories and back in the day something called something like that but have since forgotten. What is wind?

'Yes the race around Motuihe Island single handed is on on Sunday 27 February but the start time is 1 pm.', Terresa at BBYC. Entry forms are available off their web site. Find BJ Tyres SH series.

Course; Start and finish at Motukorea beacon, Motuihe to (S) North Leading buoy to port to finish.

So where was ya TM? I was looking forward to having a play against the new pairing.

Missed a fun race, bit of hard work but nothing wrong about that. Good bit of biffo between the Pirate, some 930's and some 88's at the pointy end of the fleet.

One 88 did have some fun with Lightfoot at one mark, don't think paint swapped but it looked damn close from where I was. The 88 just holding LF out at the line by bugger all but the day was better for the 930's than the 88's.

Man, that Pirate can smoke to weather when it's got the hammer down, as did Lightfoot for some reason.

...and from the back of the fleet it was a pretty relaxed affair after deciding to race 'no extra's' due to massive night on Saki on Saturday and just way to many bits of string to pull with a hangover.... and too square for Genny and sock which would have been the preferred option given condition of crew.

I was off as soon as we turned the corner and smoked the new Dixon 8m on the way to Northern leading - came from 200m behind over took and put 600m on him then turned the corner for a relaxing reach to the finish.

In retrospect I should have gone 'open div' but watching Erazer having a hell of a time wrangling his kite also made me fell like it was probably the right call...Well done Chris for getting that under control, it looked pretty hairy.

Fun race, thanks BBYC.

Oh so that explains the somewhat wayward course you were sailing at the start. I was thinking it didn't look standard practice and/or you had a very cunning plan. A hangover explains it very nicely :)

Yeah that E boat was interesting quick. A 5.9 on steroids.

A good race course that, it has a very nice level of 'technical' about it and it isn't all about boat speed. That works in my favour nicely, as you may have seen yesterday ;)

You had a good race :thumbup:

I also had some issues with autopilot locking up for the first 45 minutes. BBYC guys in blue RIB said whack it which I did and it came right for the uphill bit.

hope I can be there for this favourite race of mine, might need a drinks trolley to pick me up when I go MOB and need reviving rum and coke, easy on the coke under 20 knots would be nice!

Archived