looking for a new boat

Clive

I didn't say every time, I've only lined up for one Wed night race so far and it was no contest. 10-12 knots, flattish water, up wind and tight reaching. I was surprised just how much faster we were, two of us sailed right through the fleet between the container wharves and Orakei wharf. Would struggle flat off and in stronger winds I would imagine. Keen to give it a go though! Can't come out tonight but will see if I can make it next week.

Sooooooooooooo?

Looks like Tigre is back at Westhaven in Clives berth?

So does that mean no A Class cat ?

Yep she is back... motored her down over the weekend. Still wrangling with the insurance...

Am looking for an A-Class to get me back out on the water, just missed one of Tim C's ones and the other A grades are a bit pricey... if anyone knows of a reasonable one let me know.

Graham Davey would be keen to see his latest go to a good home. Graham has built more A cats in NZ than anyone else and his designs are very competitive - his boats finished 1st, 3rd and 4th at Taupo this weekend, his 2007/8 model taking out the North Island Fresh Water Champs (Turangi and Taupo combined). Grahams latest boat was built 2009 and has hardly been sailed, you can contact him through the NZADCA website.

There have been a couple of new listings on the website in the last few days also.

Graham Davey would be keen to see his latest go to a good home.

Emailed him... I can't say that it would be going to a good home after my last 'incident' though! :D

just checked the site... all a bit pricey for me. Could do with a lower end A grade to learn on.

Not looking for a new boat!

I'm going put Tigre back together and I've got myself an A-Class to get me back out on the water.

first sail last night ... great Fun!

Nate.

Empty your in box so I can PM you. We could do with getting some racing up and running.

Great to hear. looking forward to seeing tigre back on the water. How was the A class last night?

Great fun! These boats are awesome! :D

I thought Tigre was responsive to the tuning controls but the A-class is a whole different level again.

You looked good out there last night Clive, looked like a bunch of fun.

great course for the multis, reach-reach-reach-reach- and another reach! had some good rides with the Masthead code zero and a few marginal moments.

Nice little boat clive you really have got fetish for yellow haven't you? have you consider repainting the stink boat?

haha yea! Rescue yellow... :lol:

so question is would I/we (see if I can get a few more A to come along) be able to join in with the winter racing? Will need to get Cat 4 exemption as I really don't want to be carrying around a couple of anchors!

There's perfectly good racing for Dinghies at RAYC so why wouldn't you want to race there ?

And there used to be A Class at Hobsonville as well.

RAYC - used to race there and hardly anyone turned up. v.disappointing. I also enjoy the harbour courses and trying to beat my mates. :D If it's a big deal then I'll just tag along. I'm in it for the fun.

Will be doing the A-Class regattas.

Given its the RNZYS and they had enough on letting Multi's in i cant imagine they will like having little boats in there from a safety perspective! Most clubs that race dinghys or small cats have rescue boats out etc. Cool boats though pity there arent more racing around the place. Would be keen to get into one myself

Given its the RNZYS and they had enough on letting Multi's in i cant imagine they will like having little boats in there from a safety perspective! ...

yep you are right ... will just tag along and keep out of the way. don't want to rock any boats. - just want to have fun.

Archived