WANTED: ross 930 or similar sized rig

im looking for a reasonably cheap (read: bottle of rum :lol: ) ross 930 or similar sized rig. anything from 10.5-ish to 12-ish metres. would like it to be on reasonable condition, knot too fussed about stays, rig screws etc as i could probably splash out a bit for new ones.

You could use the top 12m of my rig... its all yours if you want to pick it up. Currently sitting in approx 100m of water around about 50NM west of Wanganui. I want the Stratis headsail back but the rest is yours.

What about the rig off timberwolf too much? There is the old rig off Frenzy sitting in a riggers yard at Tauranga could be had cheap.

Interesting Fineline thats not far from where we decided we had about run out of underwear and turned around and went to New Plymouth for a bit.

i did consider timmys rig but..... well my wallet says it all :lol:

i think the section off frenzy would be a bit too heavy. maybe all the crewers could sponsor me and i could build a sexy carbon mast! :D

Try Dave from Moving Violation the E7.9. They used to have a couple of sections in their back yard. The E7.9 rig is a decent size as well. The boat is advertised on Trademe so there should be contact details there.

The Mini design POGO which is a series boat without the canter has a rig height of 11 metres so thats what you want to go for. The class rules state the measurement from bottom of keel to top of mast cant be more than 14metres. Keel will draw close to 2 of that. Plus boat height etc you wont have a rig much more than 11 metres without swinging that keel i would have thought...

You're right Slacko he doesn't need to comply to the mini rule , but I guess we don't want to see Jordan waste his time & money and get sick of reefing it in anything over 5 knots of breeze either.

JH an alloy wingmast may be a cheaper alternative to a carbon mast and there's one for sale. You can make it longer if you need to and you work at the right place. There's plenty of expertise right at your fingertips.

Most important is that you get the thing on the water and get sailing it without spending ridiculous amounts of money on it.

:lol: :lol: im too scared to go alloy now after getting yelled at by time for wanting to put alloy wings on my jav!!! but hopefully i have beau's ALLOY rig in the bag... lets wait and see.

i think i can go as big as i want cause A- reefing is free. B- i'll go faster downwind. and C- with 400L of water ballast aside and 390kgs on a 2 maybe 2+ metre fin i think it'll handle it just fine :D ..... untilt he windhear starts ready puffs of 3kts or more... then i would be in the sh*t

remember big masts = big sails = big weight to get righting moment to hold big sails. It all costs money. Bang for buck its hard to look past the Thunder or Bare Essentials idea of fast light boat, easily driven with not too big a mast in it.

Then you dont need to pay 4k for a new main that is huge but spends 90% of its life reefed down to the size of a 2k main! When you could have got a 2k main and a code zero or bigger genoa!

Archived