Round NZ race 2012

B00B00

Hey Smithy - wotcha doing next year?

OOOOOOOOhhhhh.. Dunno about that one Squid, after watching the carnage in the RNI. Need a bit more time on the boat first, after all the mistakes I have made sailing her so far.. Will be on for the next RNI though...

Yep Tim and I will be there on Escapology. Lots to do between now and then. Would be great to see some similar sized boats or the fleet could get fairly stretched out by Stewart Island. I'd advise anyone contemplating this race to make the call sooner rather than later and start preparing.

Those boats that got around the NI should be pretty close to ready to go, maybe need a few more weeks to repress memories before taking this on though...

Nonstop are you up for it?? I seem to recall you guys saying there is no way you would do another RNI over a few rums at the finish in 2008, its strange how it turns into a good idea again.

Tom and Vicky are coming back to do it in Sunstone

Excellent. These guys do it with style on a limited budget with an old boat. I like the way they operate!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

It is silly buggers that ask questions like that, or seeing another chance to annoy Danaide make me have to go sailing, my no power is very limited.

(P.S- you owe 2 rums Jon, we beat you to Welly fair and square, broken rudders/parking on a rocks are quite lame excuses- hell we carried on with broken finger nails!)

I can though confirm Nonstop will not be doing the RNZ race.

Seriously though-I do not think it is small boat race, especially if conditions are not flash. If anyone has a spare 50 footer, with shower and well stocked fridge, well then who knows!

Have just put our half a race report up on SSANZ site- bummer the photos too big. PM if you want a copy with pictures.

Cheers

Pete

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO YES.

(P.S- you owe 2 rums Jon, we beat you to Welly fair and square, broken rudders/parking on a rocks are quite lame excuses- hell we carried on with broken finger nails!)

So sorry to hear about your nails Pete, must have been a real bummer for you.

Shame that you couldn't carry on from Welly but I realise that you did feel it was worth it without us to sail against

As for the rums I bought you heaps at the Prize Giving but as you weren't there we had to drink them for you

Danaide is back in the water this week all going well so can't wait.

Jon

Really pleased the boat is all go again.

And yes, you sussed us- no point carrying on in race without you guys!

Great news about you being able to drink rum for us at the prizegiving, would have been a shame to see it go to waste.

Pete

Oracle did have this one on her calendar...... but the house renovations are taking longer so lets see how the year progresses.

i believe Bob the bowman is keen, and Oracle is coming out of the water in a week for her 30th year birthday....

Archived