Maxi Sassy sold to NZ - sez SA

wal

Why?

Someones found they have to much money and wants to pour it into a hole in the water?

Perhaps its on the way to Airlie beach to join its antiquated bretheren?

also...... why?.... as in, what do you do with it? Convert to cruiser? .........

Someone who likes cruising with a crew of 18 and the edge of adrenalin that comes from being in the firing line of overworked deck gear...?

I second your :wtf:

Airlie beach is my vote... a few of them over their are starting to be "Pink Stickered" so they are due replacement. Its like a grader graveyard over there... At least with those things they are so good at digging holes they probably dig their own graves!

I believe its in Nelson getting worked on. Apparently a couple of young guys, one a fisherman from Bluff - what are they thinking??

I think the reference to Dunedin is one of the young guys father has an explorer type yacht based there, cant remember the name.

Hows that for pure unsubstantiated gossip!

He has had it in Dunedin for awhile after sailing it back from the States, they just recently took it up to Nelson to haul out as that was the closest place they could take it out for any length of time. I fixed up some of their sails for them a couple of weeks back that were damaged from the trip back from the States, nice guys. Alex has been working in the US/Crbn with super yachts since he left school from what he said. From all accounts he paid next to nothing for it, it is much nicer inside than Lion and has a furler so maybe it has already been converted to cruising to some degree. Running costs off course are pretty high on this size boat. They said they are not sure what they are going to do with it but I presume some sort of charter work.

Archived