Head North young Wheels

Team Wheels is on a jet plane heading offshore, OK the Sth Island, to get his vessel and bring her up to Akl.

Wheels and Mrs Wheels have been missing their baby, all 46ft of the sweetie, so I'd expect a hopefully joy filled reunion later today.

Knot sure hwo much interweb they will have but I'm sure he'll drop in updates here, given a chance. If knot I will try. But if I don't hear anything it may become a virtual trip and I'll just make something up on the fly :)

Log entry 1 - Team Wheels made it to the Akl airport. Looking at the weather landing at the other end could be a episode in itself, it don't look flash down that way.

What no virtual sailing online on one design Hartely's?

I heard a rumour they are knot actually one designs either Willow. :shifty: :shh: I am told some of the hard-out ones were laid up with less gravel in the mix.

Best of luck Team Wheels. :thumbup:

The start was not soflash. I spent an hr trying to dodge a very persistant TV3 reporter trying to get an interview at the airport. I had no idea what was going on, apart from our plane delayed an hr and lots of others delayed. Turns out some dipstick muyst have pulled the plug out and all the airtraffic controll systems went out through out the country. They had to call all aircraft on satellite phones and tell them, SLOW THE #@T# DOWN!!! because we don'tknow where anyone is up there. So me thinksmaybe they lost more than just radar screens then.

Anyway, it is calm here on Blenheim. Been bucketing down all night.Will head out to the boat later today and get her fueled and provisioned and then start first leg from Queen Charlotte to Havelock for Slipway Monday morning.

The Airhostess asked us what we were going to Blenheim for and so told her our plans. She said "oh that sounds like a wonderful adventure". I said, "well it would rather iot be a wonderful trip than and adventure for a change".

By the way Squid, we hopefully have a new "Crew" member onboard here soon. I met a Lady on the plane whom her Hubby and Wife have just bought a Ferro Hartely Golden Cowrie. So we exchanged details and I included the Crew web address.

She will be kept up the "creek" in Hobsonville IB.

Well we are now sitting in a sheltererd little bay in Queen Charlotte. Not another boat to be seen anywhere. Nup none, hear that you Aucklanders? Not one boat. :wink:

It has been bucketing down all day and has now eased off a little.

The Slipway has been delayed due to weather and we can not come out till Tuesday now, darn it. I don't want to have too many delays and end up with some tight schedule.

Forcast is 45kts Monday'ish and then going northerly Tues and back to a light southerly which would have been ideal for our push across to the East side of the North Island, but going to miss it now with the delay. Oh well, just go with the flow.

Nice hot shower been had and have the Force 10 heater keeping us warm. Yeah, suddenly noticed the temp difference down here. :roll:

Heading out of Picton, dead calm, hardly a ripple. Oh joy. Oh well, still on the water so it's not a bad thing. Met an Ozy boat in the Marina this morning. Expaditus from Port Adelaide. Told him about crew, so hopefully he might pop in when they get internet connection.

Currently smacking into a 25kt head wind and tide trying to get up the Pelorus before it biulds to the predicted 40-45kts later this morning. Ruff as already. This weather front is going to mean we probably will be delayed yet another day and puttinmg us behind schedule. I am now getting worried aboiut the longer term weather prediction of NJorth Easterlies up the East coast.

I am open to oppinions folks. What are the thoughts on the weather pattern. If we really have toiio, we can always take the boat back to the mooriung and try for later Christmas or something. I just dfon't want to be beating into a Noreaster all the way up and most especiallyb around East Cape.

Hey Wheels.

Predict Wind has 25-30kn southerlies today, dropping off to 15kn Tues, then light Southerlies and Westerlies for the rest of the week, swinging to light Northerlies south of East Cape Friday. I reckon your motor might be getting a work out.. Take plenty of diesel!!

If it is light northerlies, I think we could cope with that. I just don't want to be pasted by a strong Nor to noreast under motor at night is all. That is looking ahead to next week that is. With the weather now, we may not get off the cradle till Thursday or Friday. Just have tomplay it by ear.

Boats up out of the water and waterblasted. She needs a little patch work on the bottom of the keel, but nothing major to worry about. A little epoxy mortar tomorrow and we will be all ready for Antifoul and hopefully splash back in on Thursday.

Now here is a strange one. There was a lot of mussel growth around the skin fittings, but the most growth was on the copper strap that linked the rudder she plate to the rest of the metal work. Something I fitted last time it was out, so first time seen it dirty. But how come all the growth was on the copper??? I can't work that one out at all.

Hehe, had to have a dig ScottiE. I mean, what would it feel like for someone to go out on the water in Auckland and not see one boat out there. It would be very very creepy I reckon.

Archived