Single Hander

johnMi

I believe I have made my point, and will leave it at this.

You want to race singlehanded where everyone is limited to the basic sails, no one needs to reef, and no one can get daring with running extras, so no one can overperform, and take the singlehanded trophy. We are all to be confined rigidly to the performance of our boat, and let the fastest boat design win :? :?

Goddam bunch of two year olds comparing the size of their dicks and not knowing why the hell their doing it.

I nearly lost Offender in a two handed and Iv'e had her airborne in a 40 plus puff my conclusion is that mistakes on a Multi tend to be permanent.

Life is up to the individual just don't come complaining to Mommy when you jam your finger in the door.

Guest Brucey

So did ya show em how it was done out there today Johnm, did ya prove ya point?

Get the spinnaker up ok? Didnt trip over those huge gonads I hope?

I think it has something to do with boat size and if its set up for solo. A 22ftr is easyer to single than a 40ftr, and in fact an 18ft A class would clean all up, just ask Clive!!

and in fact an 18ft A class would clean all up, just ask Clive!!

Haha.. you won’t catch me out in the A in anything over 25... poor thing would fall to bits as I cartwheel it down the harbour! :lol:

507048917_30d42c4564.jpg

Great clip, the helmsman seems to disappear early in the piece.

25kn is about the upper limit for an A (but the good guys have raced in much more). I remember we started one race at Hobsonville in around 20 but it got to 28 by the top mark. I had a hell of a job bearing away without wiping out, at one stage wondering just how I was going to get home.

25kn is about the upper limit for an A (but the good guys have raced in much more).

That's why I'll be on the shore! :lol:

We have a date for the singlehander

I've decided to challenge any multihuller who is willing to do it UNrestricted, and will put up a purse of $100. We use Racetrack figures, take times as at Weiti (they have it figured, will explain if it ever gets off the ground)

If no one wants to challenge I will limp around the course restricted (like all the other girls blouses).

If there are some that want to go unrestricted, we should not impair the proper race, but start outside the startline and finish short of the finish line so there is no misunderstanding. Am happy to pay the race fee so no one misses out on the revenue.

This thread makes for some interesting reading :P

Sounds to me like it all comes down to money. If everyone was given multis to race and didn't have to pay for the damage caused than everyone would be keen to race in 25+ with extras. He'll I would be keen.

John, how much would the damage cost if you flipped your multi?

Heaps most probably, but hey if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up far too much room.

I think most racing multihullers don't think 'if' but 'when'. (right, Tim?)

Think of all the other sportsmen, motorcycling for instance, or car rallying. They don't drive prudently to stop crashing. If they did, they wouldn't ever win.

people that race motor bikes and rally cars also dont get insurance.......

some of us multihullers still have insurance, and would like to keep it that way by making sure that people dont do stupid things in multihulls.

Of course it is.

It depends on the amount of sail that is exposed

Look

I don't think it's worth going through all this again.

I can accept that most multihullers don't want to have to make the decision how much sail to put up. (Most of the guys doing the singlehander usually hang on to the helm so may not know how or are too scared to put up a kite)

I've lost this battle....

All I'm asking is if there are any other like minded multihullers willing here's a challenge.

If you others don't agree, don't challenge, I won't hold it against you, but don't start arguing on line. (I can't help myself with a reply) :twisted: :twisted:

Of course it is.

It depends on the amount of sail that is exposed:

And a sense of a thing called Seamanship.

I can accept that most multihullers don't want to have to make the decision how much sail to put up

Can you expand on this? Seems an odd assumption to me.

Can you expand on this? Seems an odd assumption to me.

Each skipper knows full well how much sail they should carry, but unfortunately they don't want to be passed by someone carrying more than them. Therefore they would rather everybody be limited to restricted sails.

I haven't a snowballs chance in hell in even seeing the second to last boat finish if limited like this. However if I can carry a kite while others aren't I might have a chance of not being last.

Archived