R/C yacht sailing venues?

wal

Got a Windwarrior for me birfdee/xmas (yippee)

Other than Onewa/Pupuke anyone got any other good spots to sail (Auckland that is) - other than off a beach cos the tide's out at the Chev right now

Westhaven etc I can work out for myself

Ta :thumbup:

Oh I didn't get any good goodies this year. I want Mrs Wal to do my Xmas shopping next year. My mob seem broken.

A couple of us are looking at a Evening series off the Bayswater Breakwater. Can have flat water and 'Ocean' courses. And if the tide is right I can use my 9.3mt semi-RC boat (skipper shitfaced) :lol: :lol:

Let you know if it happens.

Hey Wal

I've been sailing at Onepoto domain, It really well setup for the RC yacht club who only seem to use it on Sundays.

When their there I go down the other side of the lake so they can;t see how badly I sail! :oops:

SHANE

Yeah we just spent a good couple of hours there. 2 of us going round in circles. Heaps more fun sailing with other boats around - specially when learning how it works

Was told there are Electrons raced at Orakei Basin on Thursdays after work. Keep meaning to get down there but never seem to have the time.

Oh I didn't get any good goodies this year. I want Mrs Wal to do my Xmas shopping next year. My mob seem broken.

A couple of us are looking at a Evening series off the Bayswater Breakwater. Can have flat water and 'Ocean' courses. And if the tide is right I can use my 9.3mt semi-RC boat (skipper shitfaced) :lol: :lol:

Let you know if it happens.

From my place to Bayswater would be quicker by T30 than car - and I could even have 1 small glass of beer

Anywhere to park said wessell short term over there? - or I'll drop in and see Phil

JK - ta for that. Rather I keep my feet dry ya? :lol:

3 88's in Bayswater so we'll just chuck one of those out, no great lose :o Joking, at least one is a great dude who just happens to make bad choices at times :twisted: :lol: :lol:

There is usually a couple of spots. And as someone said they would bring a 500ml of Lemonade to share no drinking and driving. We use too and still sometimes do dingy to the big smoke for ya hooing. No cops to worry about but some of the return trips shouldn't have happened. Woken up in the odd weird spot over the years. Tied to 9 Buoy, under the Sugar works wharf (knot a bad effort for a trip supposedly from the container wharf to Devonport :?) Narrow Neck beach and one of the better was what appeared to be an attempt to get said ding into the Parnell Pools. The 3 of us got in and got woken up on those lounge deck chair things by the cleaners, luckily the Ding only made it 1/2 way across the land, knot sure how we would explained that one away if we had made it.

Archived