Round New Zealand Two Handed

Jon

As many of you already know Sailonline is buddied with SSANZ and will be running the virtual version of this race.

We have been debating long and hard as to which boat to sail on SOL and having decided on the Young 11 (mod), a last moment suggestion has been for the Farr 38.

SOL doesn't, however, have the polars for a Farr 38!!

My question then is, can anyone here on crew.org help provide SOL with polar data that we can then use to create a SOL polar for the race.

It is a bit late in the day and in the absence of the Farr 38, then the Young 11 will sail well for us - this is a flagship NZ yacht race and SOL will be sailing a NZ boat!!!

If you can help, please just post here or email me (jsbcoo7@aol.com) or send me a crew message (I will check back a couple of times a day)!

Thank you in advance to any/all who help!

:thumbup:

RainbowChaser

SOLgoddess (Races)

As those of you in NZ will (or are likely to) be sleeping right now I will let you ponder on this matter for a while longer... otherwise I will try and find contact details for Rob Croft (Coppelia) who has, I am told, blogged about his polars and thus might be happy to assist!!

:thumbup:

other than force eleven coppellia beats most of the young elevens any way so wont that mean if you use a farr38 they will sail the race faster?

They beat us online this year in the ssanz races.

My money is on them and danaide to clean up rnz as long as sunstone doesn't have a gift phrf .

Archived