Saturday's Racing

johnMi

What happened to Meltdown?

May I be as bold as to quote this post from the TW thread in answer to that question... Of course I may :)

The Wolf looks very nice Tim. Scything through the water. Looked very smooth on Saturday. :thumbup:

How was the green rocket machines kite work on Sat AA?

I hear one of the boats, or at least the foredeck crew, had a bit of a shocker.... and it wasn't one with a name starting with a W :twisted: :lol:

That's because I told you I had a shocker you sh#t stirring b#st#rd :lol:

I CONFESS!!! IT WAS MY FAULT THE GENNAKER WENT UP UPSIDE DOWN!!! :( There - you happy now? By the way I had a stellar day yesterday! :D

On the other hand not to get off topic Timberwolf looked to be having a great day! :thumbup:

possibly outside the time limit? The tail enders must have been close to the 1 1/2 hours behind charleston mark?

Boy the guys on Charelston were smoking! We had a good tussle with the Wolfy for a while until we let him through uphill but that happens! Boy they had some high modes uphill

But I was 1 hr 50 min behind Charleston, should I have been disqualified as well?

If that's the case, maybe we should race in 2 divs cos I would have been really pissed off if that had happened.

oh maybe its two hours then? you just got inside while Akarana didnt, To be hones the time limit normally works, Its only in weird cases like saturday when the lead guys get ahead with breeze and the tail enders get left behind that its a problem?

15. TIME LIMITS & TARGET TIMES

15.1 Harbour Courses

The time limit for the Harbour Courses expires for divisions A, B & M 3.5 hours from the time of the start for that

Division. For all other divisions the time limit shall be 3 hours from the start of that division. Should any one

boat in a division, except division M, finish within that time limit, the time limit for that division is extended by

30 minutes. The time limit for division M shall be extended for 60 minutes. Any boat not finishing within this

extended time limit shall be scored Did Not Finish. This changes RRS 35 & RRS A4.1.

TVS = 1.8633

Putiki Express = 0.9001

and they race in the same division?

does this seem right?

someone's race will either be far to short or far too long wont it?

OK for the record on Meltdown I stuffed up. Long story short I put the gennaker up upside down. No that didn't cause us to pull out, but the tears in the gennaker when we re-hoisted did. We don't know how that happened.

OK for the record on Meltdown I stuffed up. Long story short I put the gennaker up upside down. No that didn't cause us to pull out, but the tears in the gennaker when we re-hoisted did. We don't know how that happened.

gutted, it would have been great conditions for Meltdown!

Long story short I put the gennaker up upside down. No that didn't cause us to pull out, but the tears in the gennaker when we re-hoisted did. We don't know how that happened.

Tears in the gennaker? I have heard of tears before bedtime but you have got to learn not to take this stuff so hard, AA.

You could always try the method of swearing and blaming the guys in the cockpit, it has been the fallback for bowmen for generations. :roll: Not so easy to shift responsibility for the upside-down hoist though...

unless of course the pitman handed him the bag the wrong way round!

from the Bill Barry KISS school of sail making (BB probably attributes it to someone else but its the last time i've seen it done so well on a sail)

black tack

red head

blue clew

from the Bill Barry KISS school of sail making (BB probably attributes it to someone else but its the last time i've seen it done so well on a sail)

black tack

red head

blue clew

Makes sense, but poster here, who goes by a rather fishy name, managed to hoist one of those kites around the wrong way. We now have a black tack labelled tack, a blue clew labelled clew, and a red head labelled head :D

TVS = 1.8633

Putiki Express = 0.9001

and they race in the same division?

does this seem right?

someone's race will either be far to short or far too long wont it?

How about starting those over a certain handicap an hour or 1/2 hour after the rest? Give the big boats something to chase...

Otherwise it's like a Ross 930 racing Wired!

We do need to do something to do something... any you never know the line prize may go to someone else every now and then.

gutted, it would have been great conditions for Meltdown!

Yeah we were - skipper took it well though. And I've learned - again - always check the labels! :mrgreen:

black tack

red head

blue clew

I worked really well until one day it had to happen, a colour blind bowman - "which corner is this GREY one??" they dont see red (or green for that matter) very well, which also made me think about him doing any night sailing!

Knot Me wrote:

THE GENNAKER WENT UP UPSIDE DOWN!!!

To be fair to AA and to be pedantic, a three sided shape (gennaker or spinnaker) which is hoisted by a corner can not go upside down, it can only go up sideways..... :)

Archived