liveaboard

:clap:

YES, MV Leander is definitely alot of boat for your bucks ! I had been marketing it to sell. My ex-partner owns it. Unfortunately, I made the suggestion of listing it with a brokerage that has plenty of branches around NZ, to improve our chance of selling it faster, however we got the most lethargic individual sales broker, who made it a far more difficult, messy & long-winded process than I even could have done. It took him 4months just to list it in a bi-monthly magazine & then 7months just to list it on Trade Me. This was despite me doing all the work for him to list it (ie. photos & all relevant details loaded onto a USB stick & personally delivered to him) along with a full set of keys, which he had requested. It is a really great liveaboard boat & has heaps of potential for modifications to tailor the space to suit the potential new purchaser. Despite, me voicing my obvious concern at the procrastination encountered by this broker, my partner failed to get the brokerage to assign the listing to a far more pro-active sales broker as a direct consequence of their seemingly lacadaisacal approach at selling. My ex-partner had listed it with a wonderful broker in Wellington, who has been exceptionally amazing & tenacious at dealing with the unbelievable replies such a boat attracts. He has been unfailing in his attempts to market Leander, despite constant changes to the listing by the owner. I had also worked tenaciously & had a genuine cash buyer who really wanted to buy Leander as soon as they saw her, subject only to a sea trial ! However the "less than tenacious" boat broker,(not the really motivated one in Wellington), had already signed up what appeared to be a non-genuine purchaser. This held up & negated my deal from proceeding at all & considering the commission I had "been promised" by my ex-partner (the owner), was soul-destroying for me. I come from a very strong background of selling other expensive modes of transport, so was deflated after all the considerable effort I had made to sell this vessel. I believe you almost need to be "insane" to buy such an unusual vessel, as I tease my ex-partner, that he must have been having an episode or two, when he bought it. I am very good at fishing & have won fishing competitions. My brothers all fish & my mum is better at filleting fish than my dad ! LOL ;-) But even though we fished off smaller boats, we were still much more successful at fishing than all the dropkicks who this type of large vessel unfortunately attracts, when you own it, mere acquaintances who pretend to be your best friend by seemingly thin association. YES, Leander costs a bit to fill, (approx 40K, but it would probably last you 10years, depending on your usage & obviously most people would never both to fill it completely, because of that). The berthage is just one of those things, similar to owning an expensive car - the cheaper part of owning such an item & makes life far more easier, ie. power, water, fuel & peace of mind that your boat is safe ! The insurance is a necessary evil. Especially when the current owner received a phonecall to tell him that the boat was leaning over considerably & he'd better go check on her... He'd had a monent - he'd forgotten to turn the water hose off, when filling up the fresh water. OMG. He was panicking & I don't think the insurance was current, hence the obvious rise in his blood pressure, until reassurance was found. ;-)

IT IS VERY ECONOMICAL - I forget all the statistics because my partner has health issues which make him appear "erratic" at times & he has impinged on my ability to sell this vessel several times now, slowing & stopping the sale process... For anyone wanting a real bargain & something very differenet, someone with far more energy & enthusiasm to either enjoy it as a pleasure vessel, or a fun money-making opportunity (or for a well-structured level-headed syndicate), for the money, I doubt that you could find anything as BIG for the bucks, or as mechanically sound. Only travelled 7400hrs (genuine). Cheers ! :thumbup: :think: :o

Sealegs, that sounds about par for the course for that brokerage ( there really is only one which fits that description ). They have caused much frustration and disappointment for myself and others I know in the past. I struggle to understand how they appear to keep on trading.

And IT and others discussing the upside down image - this is just plain weird. Works fine on my android tablet, my android phone, linux and windows PC's running chrome, but is upside down on my wifes macbook and ipad!.

:clap:

YES, MV Leander is definitely a lot of boat for your bucks ! I had been marketing it to sell...  Cheers ! :thumbup: :think: :o

I saw Leander was used in the TV mini series on Ed Hillary (voyage to Antarctica). Some clever shots there. I guess the Japanese communal dormitory style of sleeping arrangements is a little bit off-putting but otherwise a nice vessel. Are you still involved with her?

yoshu__zpsnvnpaawe.jpg

What was her career with the Japanese?

Is her former name Joshu or Yoshu?

The only Japanese vessel I could find to match was Yoshu.