Boat shoes

wheels

I see that Colorado stores are closing and they have a 50% sale. Am I correct that they are a Shoe store and (if that is correct) does anyone know if they have something suitable as a Boatshoe??

Harken shoes are great. BUT NEVER WEAR THEM WITHOUT SOCKS!! Even the dingy will not be far enough away. I finally soaked mine in Wet 'n Forget and then powdered them with Grannies Rememdy to get the smell under control.

Harken shoes are great. BUT NEVER WEAR THEM WITHOUT SOCKS!! Even the dingy will not be far enough away. I finally soaked mine in Wet 'n Forget and then powdered them with Grannies Rememdy to get the smell under control.

Blimey mate, you got Ebola growing between your toes or something :shock:

Could be used as a good racing tactic though.

Careful of using Wetnforget on any fabrics. It is chlorine and will rot fabrics, expecially stichings. If you do wash with it, then rinse well afterwards.

Might be worth soaking your feet in the stuff. :wink:

Oh OK, are they more like a Khatmando type shop?

Yeah pretty much - well... the St L one is anyway. Got me urbans mixed up. Meant hiking boots for the real outdoors and looking good on Ponsnobby Road

Another trick is to freeze them in a ziplock bag for about 4 days. Take them out let them thaw and wash in the washing machine with persil or nappysan.

Rinsing them in fresh water each time helps as well. The salt water stinks them up.

Colorado is a mallrat casual smart clothing/shoe store.

Careful of using Wetnforget on any fabrics. It is chlorine and will rot fabrics, expecially stichings. If you do wash with it, then rinse well afterwards.

Wheels, they advertise wetnforget having a pH of 8 so don't think it would be chlorine.(You may be thinking of 30 seconds). They also advertise as being an effective anti odour remedy as changed has used it.

I have also used wetnforget on my furler headsail to keep the mould out, and it works great

(disclaimer, have no comercial interest in the product, and if it wasn't so damned expensive would use it everywhere.)

You're right John. Just did a quick search and Wet'n'forget is dimethylbenzyl ammonium chloride. Which is alsot he active ingredient in Dettol and many other antiseptics, as well as a Biocide, Fungicide, Mold and Algae inhibitor.

So that's good to know. But I wonder, would it perhaps be better to wash a sail in W&F first to kill all the greenery and then wash in Napisan or whatever the choice, so as it washes the dead gunge away. It might leave a cleaner cloth than the other way around.

Mostly (but not always) the smell in shoes is fungal growth

Its worth a try buying some Antifungal SPRAY at chemist ( e.g. Daktarin) and spraying it in them

Works for me

Cheers

I was advised to spray wet and forget on and leave it, apparently it keeps working every time it gets wet.

I remember talking to a sailmaker who used to spray it onto new sails that were shipped around in containers, to stop the growth in the moist environment.

If you can't find something you like outa 491 pairs of boat shoes you sure are one picky barstard!

They even have shoes for hairy religious pervs. Check out the 'Nunn Bush' range :lol: :lol:

Archived