2011 SSANZ B&G Simrad Series "Greatest #$%@ up"

Cameron

ye did indeed beat us. but you had 6 onboard (2 rather heavy looking) and a mh chute on a bigger, lighter boat. we had 3 with a piddly little class legal kite. that weight on the rail made you go like a train uphill yet you were the ones who chickened out of the last race.

The weight ballasting members, so critical to even sailing, were sympathetic to our georgous young trimming blondee who was 100% wet and nearly went swimming but somebody else just managed to grab her. Still she is now off to Europe for 1/2 Tonner Champs. Reckons the water will be warmer there soon!!

Knotme... do you think we should find another prize for the person who captures the best #$%@ up of a certain Ross 40 on either video or camera ???

Oi! Just cos I'm on the other side of Aussie does't mean I don't read this!!! Looking forward to some practice squidly in more than 15kn though.... We will try and put on a good show for you! :D :D

Metservice is predicting far more wind than everyone else (nothing new there !)

Saturday: Southwest 30 knots gusting 40 knots, easing to 25 knots gusting 35 knots in the evening. Sea rough. Fair visibility in a few showers, becoming poor visibility in heavier and more frequent showers for a time in the afternoon.

Predictwind and Windguru still have a average of 15-20ish.

After bringing the Committee boat from Gulf Harbour to Orakei today I'm thinking they could both be right to a degree...

So I'm saying 15-20 knot average but reasonably regular rain squalls where you may see short gusts of 30+ and maybe up to 40.

This forecast is taylor made for "#$%@ ups" !!! With enough lighter patches to tempt crews to hoist the big gear... with some serious puffs to catch the unwary !

So be warned and watch out for the big black clouds !

Think PredictWind changed their model a bit a month or two back and it now reads a little less than it used to, particularly at the higher end.

Short course could be entertaining going down to PR if I have my angles right, enough to definitely want coloured sails of the large persuasion on but tight enough to be interesting, perhaps even exciting, in puffs.

First contenders...

Jono on Revolution started virtually 5 min late

(PHRF committee take note)

But even better... Josh and crew on the Rental. First the kite went up upside down and the recovery saw it trawled.DSC03509 (Custom).JPGDSC03511 (Custom).JPG

DSC03505 (Custom).JPG

Thank God I'm not the only one who does that! But with photos? Ouch!

you know its bad when i have to go up there and help get the kite on board!!!

we had an problem with the kite halyard getting jammed between the hounds and the rotating rig, no a major normally but we didn't do our best work thats for sure. still had a blinder of a race.

Y88 H&H found the bricks at the NW corner of Motutapu too.

What time & who was around them?

We, Panacea, were outside (north) of Azure + 2 x Y88 and heard a really good loud CRUNCH and saw a boat doing funny bumpy things, bit I can't remember if it was Azure or a Y88. But they continued on after about 15 to 20 secs.

Still Drop Dead Fred was aground longest IMHO and this could be measured by the number of boats that passed them at Passage Rock.

the greatest f#@k up would go to marshy, for counting on me to go swimming at 7am and scrub the boats bum

F#%k up?!?! I call that genius! especially if you did it.

You can sail with me next time im back in Akl, bring your togs. :thumbup:

DDF would surely have to be a front runner. That was an impressively solid and very long park up.

I've played with H&H past that Motohie reef a few times and they do like to cut it close.

Hahaha ah you see the f*ck up award goes to you because i knew you wouldnt do it so i arranged for it to be done beforehand. And you would have only needed to dip your head underwater and then realise this, and a nice bottle of Mount gay was all yours.

And how did sailing a piedy that hadnt been cleaned since christmas go for ya? God thats dirty.

Archived