2011 SSANZ B&G Simrad Series "Greatest #$%@ up"

Cameron

Correct. If you use your motor to propel the boat (even to rescue yourself), you have broken the rules and should retire.

:thumbdown: ...man overboard, sails down motor on..pick em up..sail up, motor off at place of incident....tell me who would protest and who would throw you out

Correct. If you use your motor to propel the boat (even to rescue yourself), you have broken the rules and should retire.

Not always the case, depends on the sailing instructions. Richmond SI's quite often explicitly allow use of the engine for safety reasons providing no advantage is gained.

Yes, Just declare it after finishing and normally all is OK.

These days doing a 360 under sail before resuming the race would be an additional smart move.

If you motor out of danger or to rescue crew or to assist another,

Call the race officials as soon as practicable and get there advice,

Make sure that you resume racing from a position behind your original postion if possible

Record the position and times of your maneuvering

Declare in writing your actions to the race committee after finishing

Braking a rule dosn't disqualified you as long as you have done it for the right reasons

Removing weed isn't one of them

Well no one from the long haul seem to want to spill any beans, so I will just have to do my best then

I'll start with myself just to show that there is no hard feelings,

I forgot my camera and boy I would have got some great shots,

Zen went looking for mussels on Motuhi and took 5 tacks to get out,

Coppelia looked great with there zero and masthead kite but the handicapper will catch up to them soon I hope,

Mr R then tried to sock there kite for some reason at the bottom of the Tamiki strait, unable to get the sock down then dropped the lot in the piss

BMW went trawling for sharks in shark bay, don't know how they got no though

High Voltage had a shocker with the keel and rudder trying to replace the mh kite

Starlight came past without a kite up saying that they got caught with the light one up and destroyed it so they waited till they jibed before going for a heavy one.

That's enough for now must go and do some work now but will continue latter.

Mr R did indeed have a kite and sock incident. Sock retrieval lines got tangled inside the sock and then were let go. Consequently no way to control the sock which was sliding up and down the kite making trimming very difficult. Real bummer, because we felt we were going ok until then. New crew and skipper combination for the race which proved there really is no substitute for time on the water together. The beat home was a good work out for the new rig with a few adjustments required :) Congratulations to Rob and Sally on Coppelia - they had an absolute blinder, very well done!

Was a pretty easy race though Cam? At one point thought our Code Zero was seconds from impeding exploding going through Motuhie passage fully pressed up. But it loved it and lived to furl another day!

And then we felt like we had won dick of the day when we let Rattle in rum cross behind us and head into Torbay and came out looking starry and ahead of us again! Many a swear word spoken and then rob made the call "Its cus we aren't drinking - its all got too serious!" so up with the stereo and out with the beers and we were off!

At one point on the big run the clew of the kite brushed past the open weave genoa halyard and the split ring on the clip got caught up and pulled open. I went forward to sort it out but took too long and we ended up with a wrap around the forestay. Had a hell of a job pulling it all down and unwinding it all. All this with Coppelia and Truxton smelling the blood and bearing down on us. Popped it up before they caught us but it was touch and go. So, not really a huge f...up but it's the best i can do.

Yeah can't say I did or saw anything either. There was a while there, around the top of Waiheke, we thought the f*ck up of the day was getting out of bed but then the wind started to fill.

Does grabbing lemons rather than limes for the Gay count as a f*ck up?

Na, lemons work just as well :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: That dodgy mob at Chains Whips and Spurs... sorry.... Chains Leather and Lace... damn... Chains Ropes and Anchors with a small incentive has lead to them having that sort of influence over a fleet of 170 yachts???

I bet ya 100's if knot 1000's would or should be very very afraid.

Dunno, Maybe if I do something really silly the prize will be worth the humiliation.

Hey just saw what number I'm up to. Maybe I should say something wise for my 1000th

Front page of the Herald is a bit of a worry. You'd think they'd want us to be rooting for our team.

Might go and get a life now.

Archived