SIMRAD 2011 MT GAY RUM for "OLD FARTS"

PaulR

Gezzzzz, I thought we could be in here only to see we, including the boat, need to rake up a few more years yet.

Andrews a sucker for punishment I see. Poor bugger's gonna have to live with 2-stroke fumes all day ;)

which Andrew KM -----l have the dark side with me --are you calling him a 2 stroke petrol head or are you talking about the andrew on Putiki !!--

Glad to see you able to make it at your age and even happier to see your fantastic support to the SSANZ series through your prizes.

We should get some good shots of your bow (does that qualify as a stuff up ) and l will make sure brett brings his camera !!!!

You be the Andrew in question. And Yes that 2-stroke smelling petrol headed dude. My age? Hell I feel younger after reading this thread. I thought I was old and crusty only to find I may just be crusty :)

The SSANZ thing is for a few reasons, one being if we get stories we get people whom read them and realise while it can be hard work it is also massive fun, great learning and they may tempt more out. Also the more stories we get the better history we'll have of an iconic Akl yachting event and the deviants that are known to inhabit it, your co-skipper being just one. I think it's important we, as a sport, leave a good history for those that follow and hopefully that helps that to some degree in these digital days. Besides who doesn't like looking at someone elses cock-ups :) :)

Putiki Express 14

John 57

Andrew 39

Do I get a prize for being the oldest? :shifty:

:think:

Could be hard to beat last year's winners because they are ALL another year older.

Threats from Fossil to race could be an even greater worry :lol: but I have not heard any rumours . . . yet . . .

Boat/Voom - 35 (ish - no one seems to know)

Skipper/Ken - 31

Crew/Dad - 57

This "ish" is a real problem. Others may wish to query this, protest or suggest some sort of penalty for forgetfullness.

:think: Perhaps 4 large bottles of coke could be a handicap :?:

One bottle for each crew + 1 for boat + last bottle to share :?: :?:

:shh: Other competitors' suggestions welcome

ENTRIES to Date

18 Yachts with Average Age of: 26 years

Skippers: Average Age: 44 years

Youngest: Jordan

Senior: Paul (=Me =>So may have to get owner to skipper this year)

Crew: Average Age: 39 years

Youngest: Blair

Senior: Paddy

Closest boats to average Old Farts Factor currently are:

Cool Change and Pelagian II

but this will all change as more entries arrive . . . So ENTER now

Cheers

Suburban Reptile - 27.5

Dick No 1 - 47

Dick No 2 - 49

The rest of their bodies are the same age ;)

This may need proof as knot a lot older than last years entry!!, KNOT, KNOT at all in some cases.

Depends if Dick No 2 is the year older "Silver Topped GOB" or KNOT.

Has the reptile spent half a year in hybernation in a boat shed so is only half a year older?? :oops: :oops: I think KNOT!!

It is knot acceptable to knot know the exact age of your boat and is such a serious offence that should they win you should knot give them their prize !

It is knot acceptable to knot know the exact age of your boat and is such a serious offence that should they win you should knot give them their prize !

Thats knot nice Tim.

Suburban Reptile - 27.5

Dick No 1 - 47

Dick No 2 - 49

The rest of their bodies are the same age ;)

This may need proof as knot a lot older than last years entry!!, KNOT, KNOT at all in some cases.

Depends if Dick No 2 is the year older "Silver Topped GOB" or KNOT.

Has the reptile spent half a year in hybernation in a boat shed so is only half a year older?? :oops: :oops: I think KNOT!!

OK so you lot are smarter than the PHRF committee. Yes I made up those numbers as well based on 'best guess'. Actually I do know the day my beast was launched but are struggling to work out the crews ages. If you think that strange consider the fact that in my life there is only 2 times, day time and night time or otherwise knows as 'Pacific Island Standard Time'. I took the extra 0.5 of a year in a hope to bump us up... knot that I'm actually that sure how all this works.... Ha, and that completes the full circle back to PHRF as very few know that either :twisted: :lol:

As at 1630hrs today, my boat was launched 26 years, 28 weeks, 0 days and close as 6 hours 30 minutes ago. Sorry I know that Tim :lol:

Opps.... I tried to steal a extra year, sorry Paul. I must have tried to work it out pre-coffee, a silly move.

Two thirds of Tim's boat is brand new... Guess that stuffs his chances.
A man of few words is Cam but when they come they are bloody good :lol: :lol:

Smokey Joe 32 (pretty sure dropped in the water 1979 for the 1980 worlds)

Toles 35

Crew....yet to be determined...in urgent need of an experienced stand in.

Anyone available?

PM me.

Smokey Joe 32 (pretty sure dropped in the water 1979 for the 1980 worlds)

Toles 35

Crew....yet to be determined...in urgent need of an experienced stand in.

Anyone available?

PM me.

Just played with the numbers and for you to get the same Handicap a Pied Piper of 0.731, you will need a crew of 85years or older.

Narrows the choice down a bit to Bill Miller, John Becks both about to turn 86 this year, both actively racing VERY VERY competitively this year. A few other senior squadron members could be possibles but you as the nipper, will definately be on the foredeck!! and both Bill & John are better on the helm.

I don't think you will get the lowest Old Farts Factor (Currently Pahi) because your crew would need to be 143 or older, definately very crusty and possibly smelly too boot!!!

Two thirds of Tim's boat is brand new... Guess that stuffs his chances.

The middle bit is bigger and older so should this have a bigger factor for a lower handicapp than the two latest training wheels, just born this year. :think: :think: :think:

Archived