Sad man looks for a chance to break free

Hi all.

I am pretty much a sailing noob, 20 years and have had a decent amount of experience around motorboats, even had my own for a while when I was 16, and I have done a peewee sailing course when I used to live in PNG. I used to go out on some friends parents yachts there because the yacht club was the safe hang out for ex-pats, and I found that superfun, never really went as a crew member though. Now I am back here studying in Auckland and haven't been out on the sea for so long...and i've always been keen to gain exp. on yachts because I want to sail when I am older, anyway I went looking around some places at the viaduct the other day and they pretty much just told me to come here and post a message so if anyone with a yacht of any kind is keen to take me on board that would be awesome. My name is Alex and email ab182644@gmail.com. I also should say I lived in Vanuatu as well, and probably would just be dead weight for anyone going on that big a trip but once I get a bit more experience I know the place and the language up there, and my parents own houses so could swing accommodation as at least one house is usually vacant, not sure if you yachties would take offense to staying on dry land....

Archived