Simrad Race 1 Time Predictions

Marshy

Alright how long does everyone think? Maybe squid can put a bottle of Rum on for the closest time?

Let the sh*t talk begin, how fast are you really? State boat name, Division and Estimated time :-)

Energy

Small Boat course (traded down from shorthaul sportsboat, sorry KM you dont get to watch us wipeout)

13:47 see you at Swashies.

7hr 15min +/- 15mins.

9 or 10th on line. Been some crew changes in some of the boats so a tad tricker to pin down this year.

A few places back from line position for our H/C position.

We have Binos and spys embedded in each Div EE, you will be watched ;)

Energy

Small Boat course (traded down from shorthaul sportsboat, sorry KM you dont get to watch us wipeout)

13:47 see you at Swashies.

Guess someone needs to win on line if you want to race with the slow(er) boats!

With Energy having a PHRF of .715 I didn't think you could enter the small boat div....?

I'm picking a finish closer to 3.30-4pm for us!

My Rough maths has us at just under 7 hours, Looks like a pretty good course for a 930 with a comfortable lay back from Passage rock to Motuhie which will be a waterline drag race :-)

and the rules say....

...Small keelboats and Trailer Sailers normally expected to have a PHRF of below 0.700 or those that regularly race

with the Up to 26’ Club.

Most of the 7.4s sail on 0.690 so its reasonable to assume that another Elliott 7.4 like Energy would normally have a PHRF of 0.690. Energy is 26 foot and has raced regularly with the upto26foot club in the past and in the small-boat division with SSANZ bar last year when we did the first race only in Shorthaul Sportsboat.

BTW Toles, our Shorthanded TCF is 0.705 which includes the masthead gear, if its really blowing we promise not to use the 60sqm masthead kite so we are the same as every other E7.4, I'm not going to run out and get a new PHRF based on fractional only kites for 0.005.

Look back a year or two and you will find E7.4s, 770's etc at up to 0.740 sailing in small boat.

See you tonite :)

This competition is a great idea it just really needs Squid to find it worthy of a bottle of rum otherwise its just pissing into the wind.

Jeez OK One bottle of Mount Gay for the closest prediction.

Voom

Multihull

Elapsed time of 4:50

Finish time of 14:20pm

Rental Multihull

Elapsed time of 4:49.59

Finish time 14:19.59pm

Well I would be happy with that anyway, as long as Clippers predictions are accurate! :D

and the rules say....

...Small keelboats and Trailer Sailers normally expected to have a PHRF of below 0.700 or those that regularly race

with the Up to 26’ Club.

Most of the 7.4s sail on 0.690 so its reasonable to assume that another Elliott 7.4 like Energy would normally have a PHRF of 0.690. Energy is 26 foot and has raced regularly with the upto26foot club in the past and in the small-boat division with SSANZ bar last year when we did the first race only in Shorthaul Sportsboat.

BTW Toles, our Shorthanded TCF is 0.705 which includes the masthead gear, if its really blowing we promise not to use the 60sqm masthead kite so we are the same as every other E7.4, I'm not going to run out and get a new PHRF based on fractional only kites for 0.005.

Look back a year or two and you will find E7.4s, 770's etc at up to 0.740 sailing in small boat.

See you tonite :)

Well that's probably fair enough then! :angel:

Just had never seen you out with the U26 and figured you were faster than that :P

My Money is on you to take the Smallboat 1 line then......No pressure to perform now! :thumbup:

SJ will be racing in with the 727's as a 1/4 ton div- so long as the request has been accepted by SSANZ.

Either way will do my best to chase you round the course!

Will definately see ya later tonight- My round.

Toles.

Voom

Multihull

Elapsed time of 4:50

Finish time of 14:20pm

Rental Multihull

Elapsed time of 4:49.59

Finish time 14:19.59pm

Well I would be happy with that anyway, as long as Clippers predictions are accurate! :D

Given my crew hasn't sailed on the boat for more than 30mins, in under 5 knots of breeze, and we have a few new bits to try out, and the forecast is for some breeze, I'd be stoked if you are only 1second in front.

Archived