VOR to Auckland?

Man i hope thats all true. I have an old picture on my wall, Ceramco setting off, big red star kite in the centre of the 2m by 40 cm photo. It would be quicker to measure the surface area of deep green than count how many boats are out. Literally thousands.

Who cares that its a 9 month, mostly boring race - It would still be fully awesome to see half that many boats following a couple of NZ boats out.

Fingers Crossed huh!

On a side note:

My father-in-law just brought a fizz boat from a storage yard in Tauranga. In this yard was Outward Bound all nicely covered up. I Wonder what has happend to alot of these old boats

On a side note:

My father-in-law just brought a fizz boat from a storage yard in Tauranga. In this yard was Outward Bound all nicely covered up. I Wonder what has happend to alot of these old boats

I bought a spinnaker off the guy who owns Outward Bound now, I think he was using it for cruising. The kite is one of the BNZ logo kites from KZ-7 although it now has Outward Bound's sail number. I am still waiting for the right occasion to put it up.

Another article in the herald this morning:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/volvo-ocean-r ... d=10635460

SA is claiming it's a done deal, thought that article says they are awaiting confirmation. ?????

I know someone involved with the bid... I am trying to get hold of him to find out if it is confirmed.

From NZ Herald today:

Global yacht race stopover comes back to City of Sails

The greatest global boating grand prix is set to return to Auckland, with confirmation expected today that the City of Sails will host a stopover in the 2011-12 Volvo Ocean Race.

That's okay Welly still has the Velux and Global Ocean races stopping over.

From Valencia Sailing

Team New Zealand and Real Club Nautico Palma to enter 2011-12 Volvo Ocean Race

According to the Spanish sailing website Gaceta Nautica, based in Palma de Mallorca, it appears that Team New Zealand and the Real Club Nautico Palma will enter the 2011-12 edition of the Volvo Ocean Race, joining their forces with the financial backing of the Spanish footwear company Camper, also based in Palma.

Always according to the same article, the final agreement was signed in Spain on Wednesday and the joint Kiwi-Spanish project will be presented in a press conference next Monday in Palma.

more here

http://valenciasailing.blogspot.com/201 ... -club.html

Is it true the NZ entry, sponsored by an Arab airline and a Spanish shoemaker is to have an Aussie skipper?

If it’s flying under the flag of a Spanish club then surely it’s a Spanish entry. The boat just happens to be owned by a private syndicate domiciled in NZ.

Archived