SIMRAD - husband and wife teams???

MOTORBOAT

Hey squid,

any chance of a prize for husband and wife teams?

Im not even sure if anyone else is doing this series with their spouse, im guessing this thread will find that out

Jax and I are doing the series together on Motorboat, first race went alright, no major bust ups and we got around the course alright

Infiltrator is crewed by a brother and sister team.

Perhaps a His & Her's division would be a better name.

Otherwise Squid, imagine the arguements that would knot stop . . .

not to mention the hassles of getting replacement crew :shh: :twisted:

Technically knot a wife as such but my crew was certainly a right bitch, so damn close to being a Wa.

Does that count? :wink:

We would need a photo attached to your request :sailor:

She WMBO would need a reward for being with you :shh:

Technically knot a wife as such but my crew was certainly a right bitch, so damn close to being a Wa.

Is that your way of coming out of the closet and saying you did it with your Civil Union KM? :sailor: :lol: :lol:

I would be really interested in the number of couples doing the SIMRAD too. I have found that knot many can actually race together, let alone 2 handed without any other crew to yell at instead...

We race together fine (well maybe the rest of our crew can verify that) but 2 handed would now be instant divorce material :lol:

Is that your way of coming out of the closet and saying you did it with your Civil Union KM? :sailor: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hell no, knot with his legs. I know can do better. About the only civil union I get into when aboard would be with the stereo, alcohol or ........... ;) but zero anything with 2 legs and dangly parts.

She WMBO would need a reward for being with you :shh:
She does get rewarded, she gets me, lucky her. Me and my Wa very happily boat together and do often, even doing offshores I've yet to get her wanting to get off at the other end and head for a airport NOW!!!!!!, bar possibly one trip to Tonga when she came out into the cockpit at sunrise with a big feck off carving knife saying drop the kite or someones gonna lose their knuts. Me and one of the lads popped the kite at 2-3am ish then preceded to drink a couple of bottles of Port, then started to see how fast we could get the boat to go in the increasing breeze. The Wa wasn't impressed with being thrown out of her bunk :?

We do a few races each year with just the 2 off us. Must admit that's more to get away from the kids but the 2 of us do have fun, and quite possibly a lot more than the rest of the fleet has in some of them but best we don't go into detail on that bit ;)

Mrs Bump sails with Mr Bump a lot. Don't think they have done a Simrad together though but we have raced against them in some long races where it's a Mr & Mrs Bump combo only. All seems fine but that maybe just because Mr Bump knows when to shut up, as most good hubbies should :) A couple of those races it's just been me and one of the D's against Team Bump and they have all been a pile of fun.

Ma and Pa Kendle (as in Brucies and Barb's) sail together 2 up a lot. Still speaking to each other last time I chatted.

I think there is probably more Mr and Mrs teamings out there than is often thought. But as far as Simrad goes all I can think of is Team Motorboat. But then I don't know all crews so there could easily be more.

Not the missus, but I sail with a sheila. Always get in trouble for using that word.

Better get a his n hers division going, Best place on hcp in any division.

Zen's in. Only trouble is that we start with a 14th.

Also Golden Pond is a His n Hers team in the Hanse Division.

Hang on, if they come last they can't get as bad as 14th. Best rethink that.

GO ON OSHO... we both know you want too ;)

Thank you Mr Wal for the vote of confidence. Come on spit it out, you're just jealous aren't you? :lol: :lol:

The big Moody 45 did Simrad 1 with a Hubby Wife pairing aboard and they are still talking to each other. It can be done.

So that's at least 3 boats that did last weekend in 'His n Hers' mode that we know of.

How about husband , wife and a little one?? I know on my boat that it sure doesn't make it any easier.
So would that mean they were going 2.2 handed? :lol:

Coppelia of course is a "his and hers" team, but I don't think we should be counted. I sail my flying fifteen with my parter, and we call it the relationship accelerator, much harder than just sailing with a bloke.... or maybe that is becuase when Neil is sailing with me he is not being the "alpha racer chaser".

I've listed the names and have put some pressure on Squid because there may, just may, be one more prize available.

HIS & HERs TEAM MT GAY RUM ENTRIES:

Boat Name Male Female

Copellia his MissG

Golden Pond His Hers

Infiltrator Pete Cherry

Jim Beam Woody Sarah

Motorboat I Jax

Top Knot Husband Wife

Zen Zen Sheila

I will make a better list later as there are another 6 possibles looking at the entry list handed out at the briefing.

In The Mood

Peter and Margaret

Golden Pond

Kevin and Fiona

Zen

Steve and Emily

Coppelia

Rod and Sally

There may be more ?

Archived