B&G Simrad 60 2011

Cameron

First a reminder for those who enter race by race... Entries for the 60 close on Wednesday

NO EXCEPTIONS

Secondly, the @#$% prize has had numerous entries from all sorts of sources. Yesterday I even got a email from a person living on Waiheke who loves seeing the boats sail past each year. He managed to get a photo of Spearhead in less than ideal sailing trim...(refer the appropriate photo albumn on the SSANZ website).

Although there have been many entries of merit I still believe the opportunity to win the prize is still wide open if someone tries really really hard.... hehe

Anyway thats enough from me... Feel free to carry on this thread with prerace smack talk...

Well Needless to say I'm going to have a camera on stand by next race.

And I do hope Col J does a better job too.

We missed the perfect photo opportunity to prove that SJ can self right from 90+ deg sideways......

Only have a poor shot of a boat trawling for Snapper for his efforts.

Toles do you have a long lens?

For shots of our transom :)

Took your time in getting past us though..... For a quick boat in the division You should have had a few more boats having a look than just Smokey!...

Did I miss something in the results..or didn't a nice blue 727 show you how nice their transom looked at the finish line?

ENERGY Elliott 7.4 Mod T4000 0.705 05:46:11

OVERDRAFT Farr 727 K2460 0.6500 05:45:37

and so they blo@dy well should have, with all that BS upwind stuff back from Haystack!

If we get a run/reach to gannet on the next one they will be working to stay with us on the way back.

oh and this time we will be using the secret weapon... :twisted:

bugga!! thought we had got away with anyone photograhping that little episode - thanks to marshy for sending me an email first thing this morning

oh well always up for a bottle of mt gay

if i hadnt been in the middle of a peel would have had a beauty of squid trawling that new gennie at the top corner......next time :think:

You took Cams call for smack talk on board well Toles, no fecking around, straight into it and with gusto :lol:

Our target for R2 is knot to be passed by 18 Y88's, especially when there was only 15 in the fleet and all bar one were behind us at Passage :? As you can guess a couple passed us more than once. Bit disappointed they all played nice this time and I didn't have a good reason to open fire on any. But the armoury is still aboard so there is hope yet.

Looking forward to knot having to bash back up the Waiheke coast. We are enjoying sailing backwards this year.

And what's the rumour a certain Marauder is going that fast he'll be pushed up into the Sporty fleet :twisted: :lol:

and so they blo@dy well should have, with all that BS upwind stuff back from Haystack!

If we get a run/reach to gannet on the next one they will be working to stay with us on the way back.

oh and this time we will be using the secret weapon... :twisted:

??!! Surely you know how to sail a boat upwind by now?! :eh:

As for secret weapons.... Intending to work on the basis that Less is more.....!

And what's the rumour a certain Marauder is going that fast he'll be pushed up into the Sporty fleet :twisted: :lol:

Which reminds me....

BAYS FLYER MARAUDER+MASTHEAD SPINNAKER k4843 0.7100 05:28:46

ENERGY Elliott 7.4 Mod T4000 0.7100 05:46:11

SMAK :twisted:

We have to sail this race backwards?
You can sail the Marshall backwards (and on purpose this time) if you so desire but you may find it slow. I was referring to the course direction, this year they are the reverse of the last few years and it's a bit of fun. It'll make SH R2 a totally different kettle of aquatic animal, I'm very much looking forward to it myself.

Just had a Marauder owner on the phone saying his speed is just a fluke and it won't be repeated. I heard that as 'I better start sandbagging before that dodgy Mark dude slaughters us with our handicap' :lol: :lol:

OK and the book is now open.

Drop Dead Fred will -

1 - Park on the South side of Gannet

2 - Park on the East side of Gannet

3 - Park on the North side of Gannet

4 - Will actually get it's keel past Gannet without parking up at all.

:twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and no damage from DDF's R1's park up. Got away with it very cleanly..... especially the bulb now :)

hey toles check the results again. there were 2 727s that beat energy. and with regards to the photo. we saw you fall over, i reached for the camera and waited till i could see you behind the main. had a bit on ourselves.

Archived