simrad 60 weather

What are you guys talking about...? This race wont be a drifter.

They are forecasting 10 to 20 knots

Saturday: Variable 5 knots. Easterly 10 knots developing in the morning, then rising to southeast 20 knots in the afternoon. Changing southerly late evening. Smooth sea becoming slight in the morning and moderate in the afternoon. Cloudy periods, with fair visibility in rain at night.

Basically two out of three legs on the wind for Longhaul. :twisted:

Bugger that means we need to work the lures speaking of, KM I've a green and white rigged and ready

The 'White Death' is aboard already, she's a deadly killer that one. Knife sharpened and the fillet bin has been brought up to 'stand by'.

So we are good to go...... after a few coffees.

I'm thinking of starting a facebook page to try and force the RC to reverse the course direction.....

NO NO. This is the REVERSE of last years for the Shorthaul at least, or am I remembering races from earlier years :shh:

What are you guys talking about...? This race wont be a drifter.

They are forecasting 10 to 20 knots

Saturday: Variable 5 knots. Easterly 10 knots developing in the morning, then rising to southeast 20 knots in the afternoon. Changing southerly late evening. Smooth sea becoming slight in the morning and moderate in the afternoon. Cloudy periods, with fair visibility in rain at night.

I would love to be proven wrong here, absolutely love it... But cant imagine us seeing 20knots of wind tomorrow. Dont think ive ever seen Windguru and Predict wind both showing 1's and 2's 1 knot aint a whole lot...

Yup drifter.....

We pulled the pin just before ganet rock at 4pm. Long slow day, massive park up between waiheke and the noiseys, the boats that got throught it before the tide tuned got away. Then it was a 5kt esterly dead beat and swung south. I saw KM still off oneroa at 4.30! I think he was with a bunch of boats that got cught in close and taken back with the tide.

Was looking like a flat run in 5-8kts of breeze to flat rock, then a long light beat home agaist the tide.

We pulled a padeye apart for the bobstay using the code zero upwind so couldn't carry on, I think there were quite a few others pulling out of the race as well.

15 to 20kts, BULLSHIT!!!!

You weren't that far from us and we never got anything like that, hell 1/2 the time we were both to leeward to get the boat to lean over and it's a frecking Ross tip-truck, knot a Supertanker 34.

You better watch the intake of those substances I think Mr R, especailly with the co-skipper you have ;) :lol: :lol:

You better watch the intake of those substances I think Mr R, especailly with the co-skipper you have ;) :lol: :lol:

The owner made sure the boat was fully equipped, fridge running and the coke was cold. A selection of BOTH Appletons and Mt Gay was indeed offered and accepted once we had secured and put the white flappy things away.

Archived