i14 single handed

I can vouch for Jordans passion - he's as big a boat slut as you'll find anywhere - that's a compliment!

Jordan do you see a recurring theme with everyone here? We all actually want you to go well and utilise your passion to achieve something worthwhile - and I have no doubt you can do it - but not while you keep being distracted by all the other things which includes going sailing every weekend instead of working on your boat. It'll never get finished unless you sacrifice sailing now for sailing later.

As for the boy racer thing? Well you could do that but then we'd just ignore you completely and Squid might boot you off the forums too :(

My 2 cents... Leave the I14 and focus on one project at a time.... and sail on OTHER peoples boats. Way cheaper...and there is always someone wanting an extra.

Not like there is any I14 fleet racing up here anyway (AFAIK).... I 49er at least there are a couple about to play with..... If your desperate for fast single handing...get an A class.

No-one has said it cant be done, everyone has asked why would you bother?

Maybe to get more utilty out of your boat like when it's a quiet day and you feel like a solo sail or when your crew bails on you and you feel like going for a sail anyway instead of sitting on the couch?

Lord - I've seen guys ask what certain keelboat is like for single handed sailing on this site and no ones said "go get a laser you feckwit"!

He was only asking for opinions on whether it could be done by running with the main and throwing in a reef or two. Seriously why are you guys actually so down on JH and why do y'all think you know what's better for him than him?

What do y'all do for a day job? Write social policy for the Labour Party?

:thumbdown:

jh you lucky sod! Experiencing alot of envy here!

I kid you not.

not just from your building project(s), sailing experiences, and various plans, but from the time you have to give to it all. Enjoy it all I say.

Many of us can only dream of the days when we had so much free time to enjoy the sport we love.

As an example before I even get the boat out of the driveway I need to de-toyify it.

Thus a typical sailing afternoon lately involves:

1. untieing the lines which have been used for macrame games or tieing up toys and are forever twisted.

2. retrieving dolls, toys, pens, clothing from under the boats false floor (and removing the false floor is a real pain)

3. Finding the boat bits that have been tied up in the playhouse for playing teachers

4. Removing playdough/sticks/makeup tubes/dirt from winch sockets, cleats, mast tracks

5. Realising the dirt (topsoil and grass) is through f*n everything and I need to clean it all out

6. Finding the safety chain shackels, hatch lids (frisbees), pump handle from where they are distributed

7. Explaining to kids that these are required for important sailing business

8. Pacifying kids that their games are not ruined forever

9. Explaining to wife why I have 'upset the kids'

10.Realising everyone is upset, even new baby is crying, it's my fault somehow, and time has run out anyway

11.Give up and have a home brew (vow next time to just take the laser out)

So seriously I love hearing about your trips, ideas, plans etc...

but don't make us hurt you :)

What a bunch of dicks! The kid's out there trying to have some fun doing what he loves and you guys are all bagging the crap out of him. Seen some small minded losers in my time but you lot take the cake. Get a life ya lemons!

What a bunch of dicks! The kid's out there trying to have some fun doing what he loves and you guys are all bagging the crap out of him. Seen some small minded losers in my time but you lot take the cake. Get a life ya lemons!

Think you along with others are out of line there.

Bagging no.

Questioning...why? Yes.

$$ are not easy to come by young. I squandered loads on dumb ideas (mainly with cars) and wish I'd been put straight.....although usually people saying "no don't do it" when your young just cranks your resolve up to flick the bird at the institution. It did with me anyway. I listen a little more these days.

i bought it off a guy called karl banks, sail no. is nzl40 and it has the leftovers of the name 'magic dragon' on the bow. anyone know anything about it?

maybe i should just buy a fast car and become a bouyracer.

JH,

You are a bouyracer :sailor:

Don't worry about the vindictive blogs, do what YOU want to do. Ask questions, this is a forum after all, when one becomes vindictive it's them setting up their defence mechanism (for one reason or the other)

Archived