cruise on my boat now. My wife and teenage daughter don't always want to

come out so I have built up a group of crew of many nationalities and ages

although most are in their early 20s. We try and sail at least once a

fortnight & take a maximum of 6 of us at any one time. Generally we do a

day sail out of Maraetai, to an island for lunch and home again. Crew

either meet at Maraetai or at my place in The Gardens, Manukau City and car

pool to Maraetai. Sometimes we do an overnight if we can get a group

together who are keen to do that. Next trip is this Saturday 13th Aug but I'm

happy to take the boat out on Sunday if people are keen.

Ian

027 457 8220 or PM me

HI

I am interested in coming out sailing with you guys if the advert still stands? I have recently taken and passed my dayskipper, but have no real hands on yacht experience. I sailed as a deck hand on Soren Larsen (tall ship) for over a year and am looking into getting more involved in sailing if possible.

I am a nurse at Auckland emergency, but i do get at least 2 weekends off a month plus days off in the week.

Please get back to me if your interested.

Thanks

Gemma

Hi Ian

Thanks for your reply. Yes, i am very keen to come out with you guys, would love to gain more skills in sailing and get out on the water again! My number is 0220890094, and email nursehowes@yahoo.co.uk. I work the odd weekend but am off for most of them these days. Not sure i am available in 2 weeks as i am sure i am on nights, but then next time you go out after that i would love to come.

Enjoy your weekend.

Gemma

hi ian!

this is carolin from germany. I am going to visit new zealand for the first time in my life in november and i would love to go sailing! do you also plan trips for january or febuary 2012? and is there any possibility of staying on board for a longer period, maybe you need a helping hand? I am very intersted in learning more about sailing and navigation, so I would love to visit you once in a while..

looking forward to your reply, greets,

caro ;)

Hey Caro

Thanks for your response. Good to hear from you! :D

My e-mail address is ian.gabriel@gen-i.co.nz

Please send me your e-mail address and I will put you on my crew e-mail distribution list so you know what's happening on the boat. Will also send you some boat photos if you are interested.

We are currently sailing at least every fortnight at the moment and I intend to keep that going through summer. We have a mix of nationalities on board. We currently have 2 exchange students sailing. One is a German guy and the other - a Norwegian girl. We also have people from South Africa, England, New Zealand, Holland and Ireland.

White Rose comes out of the water approx mid November for the weekend so we can sand and repaint (antifoul) her bottom. Usually a few crew lend a hand so if you are around you are more than welcome ;-)

Yes we will be planning trips in January and Feburary 2012. We do go on longer trips. Last weekend, we were away overnight and circunavigated Waiheke Island which is one of the larger islands close to Auckland. I'm hoping to get away for a week or so possibily early January but will plan that nearer the time.

Anyway keep in touch and look forward to meeting you soon.

Cheers

Ian.

Archived