Crew for the coastal classic

Ánd Urban Cowboy, complete with Carbon rig and square top main has a 0.870 to our 0.905.. That Leslie Egnot has a lot to answer for!!!

Pretty sure the rig on UC is alloy. It's just been painted black so it looks faster!

Ánd Urban Cowboy, complete with Carbon rig and square top main has a 0.870 to our 0.905.. That Leslie Egnot has a lot to answer for!!!

Pretty sure the rig on UC is alloy. It's just been painted black so it looks faster!

I was told carbon, but could be someone thinking same as me...

You still have over a week smithy. you could go and put a carbon mast in yourself :thumbup: or even better, why dont you put a wing on it. We shouldnt have any trouble then beating them then.

Well the situation with the Marshall is that the previous owner was a bloody good sailer and knew how to make the Marshall fly (hence the handicap) and Smithy is still in learning curve mode with this boat and has had limited time actually sailing the boat. Add to that the fact that the crew for the coastal are completely new to the boat and have never sailed together as a crew and its all adding up to be a bit of a suck it and see situation (with potential for horrendous mis-communication and a very large invitation for Mr Cockup to come visiting).

As far as I can see the priorities for the race will be no injuries, no crew lost overboard, no damage and having fun .... after those boxes have been ticked we'll see where we can get ourselves in the standings, but basically don't expect that we'll do well on handicap (thanks Leslie). Personally, I'll be very happy if we can avoid the appearance of "Barry goes Boating".

There is, of course, always the very remote possibility that we'll make absolutely perfect tactical decisions, have impeccable crew work, truck loads of good fortune combined with enormous amounts of skill and pull off a record breaking blinder of a race and absolutely dork everybody in the field .......... but I wouldn't be betting the rent money on that happening.

we'll make absolutely perfect tactical decisions, have impeccable crew work, truck loads of good fortune combined with enormous amounts of skill and pull off a record breaking blinder of a race and absolutely dork everybody in the field ..........

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D :D

Its alloy.

Now make sure you have the number for reports

txt 021 760 621

Looks like you wont be getting any updates from me for the coastal squid. I have had to pull out because of my great uni marks, or lack off :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Archived