This Weekend's Achievements

23 hours ago, Black Panther said:

Current on board debate: how big does a rock have to be before it is an island.

Big enuff 4 one inhabitant and able to support that one i.e. arable, & provide shelter or a site where shelter could be built.

Close to an ice cream shop. After all othef things - is life really possible without icecream

To me a rock is a ROCK and an island is an ISLAND if it has dirty, sand and vegetation on it.

Not hard to define.

Ok some rocks might have  a tree or two on it but it wouldn't have a beach.

• Upvote 1

So an island has to be able to sustain human life, but there are no explanations offered on what exactly that means. I mean, given the right technology, human life can be sustained on the friggin moon.

I managed a new personal best on my windsurfer - 16.3 kts Sustained bursts above 14 kts. Board just chattering across the water. The weather on Saturday helped... Flat water and plenty of puffy stuff. Getting the hang of hanging off the back and just boosting it :-)

• Upvote 2
On 17/04/2021 at 10:05 PM, lateral said:

The beehive. Definitely a rock, not an island, will not sustain life. In fact will take yours if you’re not careful. It owes me some skin off my face.

Ditto the Nun, who only cares for seabirds.

The whole area will spank you if taken for granted.

And full of katipo spiders,but its ok only the female bite.

First step of the new rudder done .... aircraft wing style of construction .

carbon foam sandwhich panel laid up in the garage then sent to the CNC dude .

next step is to wrap it in some funky sh*t then tip in some 2 part expanding foam .

The foam will be sanded back to the ribs and then then it will get skinned carbon .

design and construction is being done by my mate Scott who is handy with a computer and carbon . Check his Ross 490 rebuild here on creworg and in boating Nz

The rudder will be hanging off a second generation E780 that we are bringing into this century ....next project will be a prod ...possibly a hybrid fixed job with a retractable prod inside it that stays outboard so cabin doesn’t have a bit of carbon right through it 

CA9EE9DA-21DD-4782-9919-4BF4396CECCF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2