This Weekend's Achievements

Went outside everything. White water every where. I wasnt going through any skinny gaps.

Got to watch Walker rock, OUTSIDE THE LIGHT! Sometimes hard to spot.

The gap inside is fine for a cruising yacht paying attention, just not for a ship! Fair call to go outside though. Tide rip can be a bit nasty if wind against tide, and patently unsafe in an open boat.

Pleased to hear your having a great time!

Wellington to whangaparaoa single handed to complete the loop. Autopilot issues and a stolen dinghy sucked some of the pleasure from it.

But I can now agree with those who say a circuit of the NI is four times as difficult as a trip to the islands.

Also 2 months was a bit rushed. 3 or 4 would be better

Wellington to whangaparaoa single handed to complete the loop. Autopilot issues and a stolen dinghy sucked some of the pleasure from it.

But I can now agree with those who say a circuit of the NI is four times as difficult as a trip to the islands.

Also 2 months was a bit rushed. 3 or 4 would be better

What happened to the dinghy?

Are you sorted in the short term? ( I may have a spare if you are stuck on your mooring).

Thanks fish. I bought a replacement in gisborne (and engine) as I didn't feel good sailing without it and currently no raft.swan beach tonight and in with the tide tomorrow. If you are around I wouldn't mind an extra hand to pick up the mooring as emergency steering still. Could pick up at the yc dock???

Thanks fish. I bought a replacement in gisborne (and engine) as I didn't feel good sailing without it and currently no raft.swan beach tonight and in with the tide tomorrow. If you are around I wouldn't mind an extra hand to pick up the mooring as emergency steering still. Could pick up at the yc dock???

Yes no worries. I'll give you a call.

While I'm sure it would be entertaining for the fisho's on the wharf, I could imagine parking your super schooner solo could be problematic, based just on the time taken to walk from one end to the other ;-)

Had a thought then pulled most of my deck gear off and re-jigged it all.

Some got repositioned, most got totally replaced.

Got in just over 8hrs flight time in 2 different aircraft. Nice.

photos or it never happened. also need a few tips on how to put my deck gear back on.

I have around 4000 photos of the project. Before I post those I'd need Certificates from medical professionals that state you do have no life ;)

MS, modified silicone, is your mate. Not only seals but sticks like x to a blanket so you can, in places after great thought, use that to offset or downsize a few fastenings. Also consider using rope deck fittings rather than metal. Rope Eye is one name for that style but I'm not rich enough for that gear so made my own, which turned outt stronger, lighter and cheaper..... with no metal either. I seems to have developed a disliking to that material now :)

Ropeye's look great not sure where I would use them. More trying to work out a nice neat keyboard layout. Had a look at a few of the other Ross 930's and there seems little consensus. 

what's your view on Constrictor Rope Clutch's? Interesting idea but look messy to me.