Tornado Racing

Tornado Beams Wanted.

Needed front & rear beam for a Tornado, if anyone can help out that would be great, i am trying to help a friend get his boat back on the water.

You will need to specify the maker of the boat and a rough year. Of the 3 different builders that will exist in NZ - the Reg White, the Boyer and the Marstrom - they all have different beams - and for some of the Reg and Boyer boats they aren't the same as the "standard". this is a major problem as the beam boxes and beam bolt locations are all in different places - so I wouldn't recommend trying to retrofit. That said if you want to improve an old boat then Marstrom rudders then beams are the best bang for buck. A boat in Tauranga just fitted carbon beams - it's not class legal but if that's not an issue it's probably worth doing - and would be cheaper than trying to get new allow beams.

Thank you very much for your Reply, i will post the reply on "Beach Cats World Network". Mike is the chap that snapped his beams and i would love to help in any way possible. The great Race is on early next year and we would miss him if he's not on the water, that aside... i love the Tornado :D

Tornado Beams, for the moment Mike is going to sleve the front beam and Carbon epoxy it up.This should be ok to see him back on the water.I did not find out the exact model of his Tornado but i have seen the beam profile before. There a grreat cat the Tornado. :D

Archived