Rock Hoopers

SloopJohnB

I would have thought it was a thing of the past, now there are gps's, chart plotters, or have you guys forgot where the black bits are?

I can put my hand up only once and that was on the Cow & Calf. :oops: :oops: but there have been so close calls. :shh: :shh:

I think we all know where the danger spots are. It is all about risk and reward. if u take the risk and get really close u may get away with it most of the time and gain heaps, or it could turn pear shape. For me, with my new toy, I am being super cautious not taking any risk, but may lose a place or two. After being in a couple of majors, the hassle afterwards is not worth it, I want a boat i can sail next weekend. However, good on those who try and take risks.

p.s. this is an opinion from an owner point of view, crews and no owners will have different views and probably want to take more risk...but then if something happens, they do not pay the bills.

What's a Rock Hooper?? :?: :?: :?:

It's generally an owner as they have to jump through hoops to get everything fixed before the next race! Crew are never Rock Hoopers. Hope that helps Smithy :lol:

Hahaha. Thanks for the clarification AA...

I was very aware at times that we were close to hard bits and on the edge of control, I definitely would not have been there cruising.

What do you mean edge of control?? I am just happy we didn't have the masthead on in Rangi channel..

Archived