Auckland Internatioal BoatShow

BvanVugt

Yeah ive got a trade ticket, (well that email thing) but if i cant see the whole lot tomorrow i might as well just go on friday and save myself the the drive in.

So will all the boats and in the water displays be happening tomorrow already, or just the indoor stands?

Wed PM some stands are all good to go, others are still getting built - particularly the smaller stands.

This weather will be slowing things down for set up

If you have the time Thursday or Friday will be better.

Visit us Stand 400. See our new stuff.

Safety at Sea and Southern Pacific Inflatables

Wed PM some stands are all good to go, others are still getting built - particularly the smaller stands.

This weather will be slowing things down for set up

If you have the time Thursday or Friday will be better.

Visit us Stand 400. See our new stuff.

Safety at Sea and Southern Pacific Inflatables

G'day Jono. I'm really sorry I can get to your stand. Bit tooooo far to drive. To quote another 'thread' in forums "Auckland is an Island in Sydney harbour" is it not ????? Yea right!! I live 3800 ks north of Sydney. Cab fare is a tad off-putting (by air $650 AUD - return) makes an expensive "S P Inflatable" me thinks. How about you e-mail me a 'cattle-dog' Please. I'm trying to get over your way but need it warm-up a tad (like 15* warmer). Thanks bloke. Hope you 'kill the fat-pig' in sales at the 'Boat shown' - good luck. ciao, SR

Delivered a boat up there this morning

Blowing a bit (40+kts at Bean Rk)

When we got to the Viaduct they were still banging in poles

But they say the show will go on

10am tomorrow for the punters

Jono just showed me his "cool stuff" and "show special", not just hype this time, I'll have a write up on the home page soon.

Could be something fun to do this weekend. I could even try the 'brand new' public transport measures to get there :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Went through this afternoon. Looked like a few people were going to have a nervous night if this wind stays around.

Same here, even found one of the yachts banging up against the pier with the fenders not in the place. Managed to get one in but there was no-one around so im guessing it slipped back out again

I have spent a couple or hours wandering around looking at stuff I can not afford.

Overall impression... 7/10.

Side note: The is a mast on the wharf to the west that is about 180' long, two more behind the fence, one closer to 210' long... Any ideas what size yacht these will be fitted to?

I popped down for an hour y'day avo. The layout of the floating exhibits wasn't as visually appealing as whey they filled the middle of the viaduct basin, it's more 'bitty'. The internal stuff makes good use of the new viaduct events centre with some add-on tents but it all felt a bit subdued, maybe too few visitors about.

I couldn't find Safety at Sea, Jono, I didn't notice you wandering around and couldn't see you on the index at the entrance???

I really enjoyed the boat show. Good exhibitions, Quite a cool setup in general really. It was cool to see a few second hand boats in the mix on the water. Few big launches and a few smaller ones. Couple of yachts. And of course the stunning Equilibrium from Lloyd Stevensons.... Droolllll!

Quite liked that moody yacht for a cruiser too!

Worth the money for a look i reckon!

mmmm Sealegs girls and MGE girls mmm.

Pretty funny when the guy i was with was talking to one of the guys saying "Seen the hot chicks on that stand, very nice!" and the guy replied "Oh my daughters? Yeah they are taken..."

:lol: :lol: Dodgy SR Sailors i tell ya!

I too enjoyed the boat show with thanks to The Engine Room and am pleased that at all the stands I showed an interest in, people were helpful and informative.

That was one of the highlights as well as:

Rawhiti, Jade and Tirade the Melges 32

Southern Ocean clothing - some nice colours, reasonably priced wet weather gear with a decent hood

adventure stand in the long tent selling the best sun hat ever - light, wide non floppy brim, neck and ear cover

Nexus, Doyle and the KZ furler

I couldn't fit everything in. I was like a little boy in a candy shop. I am going back again tomorrow with my wife.

Oh and I found an Autopilot with the self tacking feature made by Ctrek. Damn nice gear Ctrek. I used to install it many moons ago and was a service agent for it...supposedly. I never had anything of theirs to service.

Oh and Koden have a 'real' broadband Radar.

Selde'n had some lovely gear at a very excellent price and that real sexy furler. Me like!!!

I couldn't find Safety at Sea, Jono, I didn't notice you wandering around and couldn't see you on the index at the entrance???

I'm guessing you were over at the Event Center. Safety at Sea is inside the big tent on the City side of the Wynyard Bridge.

You aren't the first person who hasn't found that particular tent!

Archived