This is bull S#*t

TV One also just deleted my post asking why they are deleting complaints from taxpayers.

That's getting a bit more serious! I wonder what John Key would have to say about that......

Ah Crap! I can't write anything on Facebook as i won't join up and have blocked access to it on my pc due to FB's lax security features. But hey ETNZ, if you're reading this - I would love to be watching you guys, but thanks to TVNZ I can't...

I posted a few on facebook as well.

went to emirates.com looking for email to NZ office to say"

"Sponsoring Team New Zealand in the America's Cup in Plymouth UK????

TVNZ a fellow sponsor, funded by the NZ taxpayer, now has blocked youtube since buying TV rights but are not broadcasting the sailing. I suggest you get your money back as lots of sailing kiwis CANNOT watch the racing. It sucks!!!

Talk about getting a bad image after spending your money.

Just about when I was about to fly with you as well"

But searched the "Contact Us" but only phone numbers. NO EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Hey Squid - I think the site home page needs 'tweeking' - think the text must be in too large a font and it isn't displaying well at all. Like the content though!!!! :thumbup:

Works for me, anybody else having trouble?

I ask myself, why did I bother? :lol:

On behalf of Hon Murray McCully, thank you for your email. Your correspondence has been noted.

Please be aware that the Minister receives a large volume of correspondence every day which means we cannot always respond as rapidly as some email users may anticipate.

While the minister considers all correspondence to be important, if you are writing to express a personal view, your opinion will be noted but a response beyond this acknowledgement may not necessarily be sent.

Kind regards,

The Office of Hon Murray McCully

In the rants to the assorted outfits, TVNZ especially, make a point of saying it's very easy to circumvent the web block. So if THEY FORCE you to do that you'll then be all set up to watch the AC adverts free i.e. less viewers and revenue for TVNZ and makes then basically irrelevant.

Threaten the revenue streams and TVNZ's relevance, they are very nervous about both of those and have been for a while.

KM beat me to it. This is the best way to handle it. I mean lets face it, you ain't never ever NOT going to watch TV1 again and that is exactly what they will think. But if they realise we have a way to view the AC and get around them completely, now that is a different thing all together.

My complaint:

This link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k30jBWxUspE#ws used to work. And I was REALLY enjoying the revolutionary uninterrupted by advertising feeds of live, exciting yachting from on board.

It no longer works, and it seems that my taxpayer funded (that's funded by ME) national broadcaster, TVNZ is to blame.

I am a keen yatchsman, and since the ACWS coverage started in Cascais, and more lately in Plymouth, my sailing mates have been ABUZZ with the coverage. We have learnt SO MUCH watching the best in the world in a way we never could before.

Why are you blocking these feeds? I can't get them through your website. I can watch highlights, and daily America's Cup uncovered episodes... but that's not the same as the unedited 2 hours of streaming coverage that I used to enjoy live and then be able to go back to watch later.

Why are you doing this? It's madness. Are you really that out of touch with the world in 2011 that you think you can actually stop people watching it anyway? All you are doing is creating a massive amount of bad will. You are completely killing the TVNZ brand in the NZ yachting community. That's a brand that to your credit has historically been very very strong. Your coverage of America's Cups and other yachting has been so good. I have been a real fan of TVNZ because of it.

However, now... well if you carried all of the yachting live and on demand now I think I'd say screw you TVNZ, and I'd go to the internet and watch it there instead.

The world is changing TVNZ. You just guaranteed I will not see any advertising on TVNZ during world yachting events... I will try really hard from now on to boycott your coverage and will fight your blockade, simply on principle. Whereas before you took this course of action I would have happily watched on TVNZ, at times.

Well played.

You muppets.

I placed a comment on their FB page and it was deleted real quick too. But I notice that some have put comments in the replies of Al Browns Thread and they seem to be staying there.

But does anybody read that stuff anyway??

5 mins ago on FB

America's Cup: We hear you! We are working with our broadcast partner TVNZ to resolve this issue. In the meantime, you can watch all racing live on our youtube.com/americascup (apart from Sunday's fleet race which will be live on TV1). Our news highlights are always available on youtube.com/americascup as well. Thanks for your patience.

And from ETNZ

Emirates Team New Zealand

Like everyone else the team can’t understand why TVNZ would acquire the TV rights, which include on-line, and then not use them. Until the fans told us we had no idea it was happening. We do understand that rugby is the sport of the moment in NZ but we don’t understand why TVNZ would deny New Zealanders the chance to watch live the sailing action in Plymouth. The team’s position is clear. The people with the power should unblock YouTube when TVNZ is not exercising its rights. We are on to it.

I mean lets face it, you ain't never ever NOT going to watch TV1 again and that is exactly what they will think.

I haven't watched broadcast TV since 2002 when I got sick if the ad-ridden drivel all the channels were pumping out. I enjoy reading the Listener's TV review every so often and finding the reviewer bagging the gormless 'reality' shows and the cult of media personality in this country.

Shame on the miserable fuckwits at TVNZ. But, yeah, just work around it, be happy, and disconnect the broadcast reception on your TV. You'll find your attention span will rise beyond that of a gnat, your kids'll be smarter, you might get more...other things done.

YouTube on your TV? Get a Western Digital Live player, it's network enabled, plays video from HDD. Nice.

Archived