This is bull S#*t

Does anyone else think the original SW article now reads differently to what we first saw?

Sorry can't help you there, I get enough spam without voluntarily going to websites full of trash!

Yep looks a bit different to the last article Sail World are still blaming TVNZ and ACEA, TVNZ are blaming Sailworld and ACEA.

ACEA are silent but they are the ones who put the block in place so someone there will know why however I doubt they care.

Silver Raven I doubt there is much we can do other than posting the situation in a public forum for all to see. It certainly is a messy situation

For those that can no longer bring themselves to visit Sail World here is the article.

"For New Zealand viewers these will be blocked for a period of seven days, due to an arrangement between America's Cup Event Authority and Television NZ for which neither party will admit responsibility. Each points to the other. We're tired of dealing with them, and frankly it is not our problem if they wish to treat their fans and viewers in this way.

The videos below will be made available as they progressively become unblocked by America's Cup Event Authority Those who wish to view the videos ahead of their being unblocked by ACEA can do this by running a Youtube add-on to facilitate this release process.

If you can run the Firefox browsers there is an add-on called Proxtube which works on some Windows operating systems. With Firefox started, Google Proxtube and then follow the instructions.

Once installed, when you click on one of the blocked videos you should see a text line saying that the content is being unblocked and then the video will play.

Viewers outside New Zealand don't have to bother with this nonsense. "

http://www.sail-world.com/NZ/Americas-Cup-World-Series:-Full-commentary-videos---Plymouth,-2011/88686

I call BS on TVNZ's latest response.

Well......... I am very happy to apologise when I'm wrong, but I also don't want to be too hasty to join in the collective self flaggulation. I still want to know why TVNZ:

1. Told us 2 different stories. (Their Facebook statement categorically denying that they blocked Youtube coverage vs Their reply to Clipper saying they did block it but only because of copyright infringements)

2. Didn't communicate to their viewers what they were doing AND WHY they were doing it.

We may have got it wrong but it wasn't for want of trying to find out what the truth really was, and with the points above I think we could be excused for jumping to the conclusions we did.

I'm now totally confused by what we've been told. Good that you went the extra mile to find out Send It, but it just doesn't make sense to me. None of it! I was never answered by TVNZ. But when I am truly sure that the answers we've been given are correct I'll happily do so.

I'm now totally confused by what we've been told. Good that you went the extra mile to find out Send It, but it just doesn't make sense to me. None of it! I was never answered by TVNZ. But when I am truly sure that the answers we've been given are correct I'll happily do so.

AA i din't really do much apart from send a couple of polite emails (no sh*t stir. rare for me) and they phoned me to discuss. Have emailed the other site asking for an explanation if it is them. No reply as to date. If I don't get a reply i think the rat will begin to smell. (no offence "NZ Rat")

The races are available on the TVNZ Ondemand site.

Day Six is at http://tvnz.co.nz/americas-cup/highlights-190911-video-4407969

You can find the others by going to Programs starting with A or the Sport section on Ondemand, click the + next to America's Cup to see the list of earlier races

Aren't those HIGHLIGHTS of the races? (apart from the final fleet race)

I think we're talking about the FULL race replays.

Yeah I'm after full coverage - the one on Youtube that is blocked. I'll wait, the TVNZ one is ok although like the others I don't enjoy the ever changing camera views. I guess they think it's good cinematography but it kills me.

I'll just wait until it is unlocked as my ass is too big to hide as well apparently and the full programme on day 6 doesn't play for me through hidmyass. :roll:

Archived