Wednesday Nights

I have spoken to Richmond Yacht Club and asked them to give a Multi Start in their Wednesday night series.

The initial response was favourable.

How many other multis would be keen? I have found in the past that when you get a crew together, if you have regular outings then they are less likley to drift off. (They still get locked up though)

Indications please.

Hello,

Do I take it from your lack of reply that most of you two wheelers have to ask your mums if your alowed out, or that its true you cant organise your way out of a paper bag, or just that you dont really like to go yacht racing.

hellfekinlo am i talking to myself here?

I'm keen for the weeks that RNZYS are not racing, but would like to finish the series with RNZYS.Pity it's the same night.

Squadron and Richmond are alternate weeks so if you do both you race every wednesday.

You're more than welcome to come with me Clipper... but it will mean you will need to repent and repeal your wicked ways....

Cheers Pork Chop. But I'm concerned about lead poisoning. I hear it make you go slow.

I'd far rather race 12-15 boats every 2nd week than race 3-4 each week.

There are lots of examples of this out there.

I think we joined the RNZYS and chose not to join Richmond, and since we made that decision things have been going fantastic.

We used to race with RYC and I think the fleets and racing is way better now.

the less things we do the same as the keelboats are used to, the better off we will all be !

I think we joined the RNZYS and chose not to join Richmond, and since we made that decision things have been going fantastic.

the less things we do the same as the keelboats are used to, the better off we will all be !

Better to race every week than sit around and watch the lead draggers having fun every second wednesday. If you have your knitting classes Mr Wolf just bring a note from your mum and you will be excused.

I think Tim is right, there is already to much yachting on the multi calendar to get good fleets in the Commodores cup, rum races, gold cup, bmw, boi race week and all the rest, more wed nights may dilute the fleets out, especially when some boats may choose to do the RYC wed night rather than the RNZYS wed night....

on the other hand the fleet has enough numbers now to possibly support both wed night series, so it might be work out well.

I would do both if I wasnt building the new boat.

[i think Tim is right, there is already to much yachting on the multi calendar to get good fleets in the Commodores cup, rum races, gold cup, bmw, boi race week and all the rest, more wed nights may dilute the fleets out, especially when some boats may choose to do the RYC wed night rather than the RNZYS wed night....

on the other hand the fleet has enough numbers now to possibly support both wed night series, so it might be work out well.

I would do both if I wasnt building the new boat.

Samin,

Too much yachting, go wash your mouth out with rum!!!!

Mate why would you sit on the sidelines on a night like tonight because 4 or five boats cant make every wednesday. If you have a regular hair apointment, no reason the rest of them cant go get wet yea? Its time the multis step up. I heard you faggots were going to have 10 boats in the BOI and be the biggest fleet? What happened?

Bull - suggest you cantact Mathew Flynn direct and have a chat with him about this offer - as the NZMYC race sec. He'll be able to guage if it would be possible to get a reasonable and regular fleet.

I tend to agree with Tim - don't see the point if only 3-4 show up regularly. The fleet also does a hell of a lot more than just the Wednesday nights so racing every Wednsday is not going to suit a lot of people.

But wtf do I know - I'm in the UK where its snowed 18in. in the last 6 hours and I still can't get my tubs sailing properly!

Archived