Sailonline World Race 2011-2012 - Leg 1

SloopJohnB

Kiwisailor: Reversed your northerly course, but you are in the centre of a complete wind change, so heading south or stopped on CC is better than going backwards :thumbup:

If it's any consolation, you are my yard stick...

You don't strike me as being that silly, apparently you might be :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least I'm out of the Moroccan vortex of Doom. Dropped a lot of places but at least I'm catching YY :thumbup:

Who else wants to join my band,

Trying to chase hard but 200 mile is quite a gap to close. Looks like you have a bit of Kiwi company up there and are into good sold breeze now. I'm just trying to stay ahead of this hole that's closing in again.

Ive totally stuffed this leg up, started really late, and then didnt realise how fast the boats were and how long i would sleep, woke up with the boat ashore, now stuck in a low wind and shifty region about 500miles behind the leaders, have almost given up for this leg, my race starts in cape town :lol:

turned south at long last from 38N, lets see how many places I pick up from my lowly 725

at least I have 30 kts wind, wish it was on the beam and not the nose

Pasted YY and Misty now after ............................... The Squid!!!!!!!

Comin at ya big fella :lol:

Lost huge to the leaders over the last 2 days of shite wind. Mind you popping ashore in Morocco. filling in time during one drifting parts, for coffee and some hash probably didn't help :?

Still trying to hanging with the leaders.

Decision time north, middle or south of Cape Verde.

I wish it was a mark of the course then I wouldn't need to flap the 3 sided coin.

or do I use the old fashion decision maker "eenie meenie minie moe"

Why am i so nice to people who just screw me on the race track. :wink: :lol: :lol:

I knew the east was not the place to be, only by 6 to 12 hours we chased good pressure all the way down the coast.

West is Best.

Even my son has told me that, as he learnt on SEB but they had to get another headboard in the Canines.

I have changed my boat list from all to NZL as I am not the first page anymore. :cry: :cry:

Hell I'm dropping like a stone. 400 back to mid 500's in 12 hours. But finally into wind for the 1st time since the start.

But I am about to pass :twisted: :twisted:

Misty

Alistair

Greyballs

And damn close to also nailing Squid and Overboard

Pull finger boys. I'm commin for ya :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Archived