Two Handed RNI

Jon

40 entries will be the absolute maximum ! So don't expect any further changes. I'd suggest everyone not already entered gets sorted very quickly...

...opps already showing 41 entries. So one boat is on the waiting list already.

I've been told that 2 of that 41 aren't going ahead so there is a spot up for grabs right now but the word is there are some still getting organised so enter or you may well miss out.

I've been told that 2 of that 41 aren't going ahead so there is a spot up for grabs right now but the word is there are some still getting organised so enter or you may well miss out.

Did I get it..?

I'd say you can count on being in at this stage as I know of a couple that entered to safeguard a spot but have now changed their plans.

this also goes for anyone else as things will happen between now and February

But one thing that won't change again is the fleet size as we have been around the stopover ports and checked out the available berths and this is it.............!.40 defiantly no more

I'm having a bit of a get together next Saturday in Russell on-board "Danaide" and probably a couple of others rafted up

Just a meet and greet for all that have done this race or are doing the next one or who may do it in the future or anyone else.

There will be three on Danaide that are doing it and I hear rumours that a rum bucket is on it's way from Wellywood, plus some random Islander says he's bringing a case of rum. Maybe a wait for that though.

All welcome, come along with your questions or just to say gidday.

Jon

I'm having a bit of a get together next Saturday in Russell on-board "Danaide" and probably a couple of others rafted up

Just a meet and greet for all that have done this race or are doing the next one or who may do it in the future or anyone else.

There will be three on Danaide that are doing it and I hear rumours that a rum bucket is on it's way from Wellywood, plus some random Islander says he's bringing a case of rum. Maybe a wait for that though.

All welcome, come along with your questions or just to say gidday.

Jon

Ah Ha! - a rerun of the Brin Wilson aftermatch. The Roosevelts will try and track you down. We used to race against Danaide out of Mana Cruising Club back in our hey day - circa 1993. It was campaigned by a bunch of real estate guys if I remember correctly.

Hopefully the Coppelliens can join us too and explain how they get their boat going so bloody quick!

Have a great sail everyone - especially the two-handed crews.

I invited the Coppelliens and a few others at the Simrad PG and there keen

I will fly a crew.org flag form the top of the rig, so no excuses

Mr R will be a good platform to raft upto (hope you get there before us)

just got this message from Splash Palace

The delivery home to auckland had us 19 hours later back in Opua minus the mast, mainsail and No 4 headsail, with a cracked rib in the hull, a knee through a bulkhead and a broken toilet seat. We fell off a wave that cracked rib and then the mast folded above the gooseneck. Tried 3 times to get in on board but in the end cut it free. All now safe on land but round north island two handed is off for us.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_127690027292043&id=141056979288681#!/phil.gurnsey

Sorry to hear the bad news guys after such a huge effort to make it north for the RNI. Hope the boat repairs are not too difficult. Most importantly trust the crew are not injured?

This incident is a good reminder that there is ever present danger in our sport and the RNI will be anything but a walk in the park. Hope all the boats entered are very well prepared.

Sent today driving to the bay and back to help with sorting splash out and return crew to Akl air port.

All gutted but crew safe and boat repairable

Thats a real bummer for Herdy. They were well set up and ready to go.

Bay week has really taken its toll on alot of boats, tigre upside down, TWU cut in half, advantage, splash and tounge twister(i think) broken rigs, and one Y88 with a broken boom, i also saw heaps of trashed kites.

Bad news for us on Waka, its not looking like jonty will be able to make for the race it so we might have to bail out, i would charter the boat but i simply cant afford it.

anyone esle out there that needs someone? i would be gutted to miss it.

Currently working on a back up plan that could be quite awesome if i can pull it off.

Gutted!!!!

What can happen when you a get a bad set of waves. Even depowered and just taking things easy. The biggest pay off was the fact that we were so prepared for the RNI, that we had all the Cat 2 gear onboard, plus a large amount of fuel.

Thanks to everyone that have offered rigs, and help to try and get us repaired to get to the RNI start. Sorry to say that we most probably will not be able to get to the start.

Also thanks to everyone for their support.

Herdy

I know how much effort your team has put into preparing the Splash for doing the race, the news of your rig and boat damage last week is just such rotten luck. What complete bummer for you guys.

Hope you are getting things sorted out to get the boat back home and repaired.

Will be in touch by phone

Pete

Archived