Is there a chilled out boat AKD- looking for weekend crew?

Hi everyone,

I am a women sailor who has gotten a bit rusty. I belonged to a women's sailing club in Hawaii where we cruised around and learned at a leisurely pace. I am not much for the stressed out screaming and frantic racing scene - but am looking to crew on a boat on weekends or evenings that is chilled out and more interested in enjoying the beautiful Gulf then tearing around at breakneck speed. I am a naturalist by trade and an environmental educator so I am keen to be out in nature and spot wildlife and explore the islands. I have my day skipper certificate, as well as current and long standing CPR and first aid training. I have been trained by the US Coast Guard in Alaska for firefighting at sea and boating safety at sea as well. I am reliable, friendly, sensible and keen to get back out on the water.

If anyone knows of a boat that takes a slower pace out of Auckland Id love to be put in contact with them.

Cheers everyone!

Laura 027 2160 182

Hi Laura

My name is Ian and I own a Whiting 29 keeler based at Maraetai near

Beachlands & Pine Harbour. I have done alot of racing in the past but only

cruise on my boat now. My wife and teenage daughter don't always want to

come out so I have built up a group of crew of many nationalities and ages.

We try and sail at least once a fortnight & take a maximum of 6 of us at any one time. Generally we do a

day sail out of Maraetai, to an island for lunch and home again. Crew

either meet at Maraetai or at my place in The Gardens, Manukau City and car

pool to Maraetai. Sometimes we do an overnight if we can get a group

together who are keen to do that. Next trip is this Sunday 20th Nov.

I've got a crew e-mail distribution list so if you are keen to go on that and be kept updated on trips, please send me your e-mail address. Mine is ian.gabriel@gen-i.co.nz

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Ian.

027 457 8220

Archived