Does anyone care

Fuc yes I care.

This is interesting from the technowledgy perspective. As someone said on another thread the fastest boat usually wins in any cup. In this case as the speeds will be well into the 30,s and 40's the 2-5% margin one will inevitably have over the other will become huge.

This is brilliant as we have already seen these great minds and wallets pushing out the boundrys of sailing as we know it. In 1 year in a boat not even purpos built to get ultimate speed, they have come within a knot or two of 50kts, something people have been striving for for years and has only just been cracked.

Fan tastic I say, and to the matchracing diehards, get an mrx up ya, there are any number of excelent matchracing reggattas and matchracing is best in identical boats anyway.

Bet we see future AC's in multis too. Yeeehaaaaaa get an IRC rule upya Mike the pom!!!!

The whole AC thing I'm well over and it could disappear for all I care. BUT the one, and about only, good thing that has come from those 2, one in particular, twats is we get to see a pair of big state of boats on TV for more than 15 seconds.

So f**k the event, Opps too late some swiss/italian drugie already has, but someone please let out the pussy and tripod. Sooner is better.

The whole AC thing I'm well over and it could disappear for all I care. BUT the one, and about only, good thing that has come from those 2, one in particular, twats is we get to see a pair of big state of boats on TV for more than 15 seconds.

So f**k the event, Opps too late some swiss/italian drugie already has, but someone please let out the pussy and tripod. Sooner is better.

Agree!. it's about the technology! its not yacht racing!. Its a long running "Soap opera"...

the days and days and days of our lives!.... wasted!

Agree with your agreement STS. It does seem to have become a technology race rather than a yacht race but with that does come some very cool boats so I can live with that part no problem.

And for those who haven't seen my semi-bitch in another thread. 2 races (3 if they are close) that in ideal conditions could be over in an hour or so is shite. For the coin and interest put into these 2 boats they should do more. Maybe the sailors have become as delicate as the boats look like they could be. Oh well.

22 days till start bang O'clock ..... courts willing.

Agree with your agreement STS. It does seem to have become a technology race rather than a yacht race but with that does come some very cool boats so I can live with that part no problem.

And for those who haven't seen my semi-bitch in another thread. 2 races (3 if they are close) that in ideal conditions could be over in an hour or so is shite. For the coin and interest put into these 2 boats they should do more. Maybe the sailors have become as delicate as the boats look like they could be. Oh well.

22 days till start bang O'clock ..... courts willing.

Agree with you agreeing with my agreement KM.

yeah one blink and its over.

They should have included a long offshore in the series. After all a two hunderd mile sprint up the coast should only take 4-5 hours :wtf: :shock: :sailor:

This event is like me spending $10,000 on a plasma TV, with no warranty, and watching it blow up 2 minutes after i first turned it on!

This event is like me spending $10,000 on a plasma TV, with no warranty, and watching it blow up 2 minutes after i first turned it on!

That would be a bit sad, however at least in that 2 minutes you would have seen the race, and even had time to watch the adds. :thumbup:

I agree with the agreer’s, (if one can do that) :eh: It has become about the boats and not the race itself. I am all for progress and technology, but this is the sort of tech that will take around 15 million years to filter down for us to use. Not really relevant for the run of the mill yachtie, unless you are thinking of winning the big one and then blowing it all on the latest and greatest boat, that instead of taking you a good few hours to sail out to your overnight destination, it will be all over and done in 20 minutes. :thumbdown:

They may be giving us so much in the way of new developments, but I fear they are taking so much more.

I want to see to a fleet of identical boats trash it out on the water Boat on Boat - Crew on Crew to arrive at a challenger to take on the holder, and then trash it out over 7 races, now would that not be entertaining. :clap:

Oh hang on is that not what is was.? :think: Bugger can’t have that

That would be a bit sad, however at least in that 2 minutes you would have seen the race, and even had time to watch the adds. :thumbup:

... I want to see a fleet of identical boats trash it out on the water Boat on Boat - Crew on Crew to arrive at a challenger to take on the holder, and then trash it out over 7 races, now would that not be entertaining. :clap:

I agree - it is really enjoyable watching them thrash it out over several weeks . . . the only real yachting we see on the TV - maybe that is it huh? We are all starved of our favourite sport - not enough on the box, and not enough time on the water.

possible cure? - lets get back out on the water . . . now where has my skipper gone? oh - yeah - out earning the dollars to keep the boat on the water . . . .

... I want to see a fleet of identical boats trash it out on the water Boat on Boat - Crew on Crew to arrive at a challenger to take on the holder, and then trash it out over 7 races, now would that not be entertaining. :clap:

I agree - it is really enjoyable watching them thrash it out over several weeks . . . the only real yachting we see on the TV - maybe that is it huh? We are all starved of our favourite sport - not enough on the box, and not enough time on the water.

possible cure? - lets get back out on the water . . . now where has my skipper gone? oh - yeah - out earning the dollars to keep the boat on the water . . . .

Speaking of dollars! would'nt it be good if yachtracing was like horse racing and had its own TV Channell and you could bet on it! :wink:

Come in YNZ... enter here....

After all Yachtracing is no less boring than Nag racing!

Speaking of dollars! would'nt it be good if yachtracing was like horse racing and had its own TV Channell and you could bet on it! :wink:

Come in YNZ... enter here....

After all Yachtracing is no less boring than Nag racing!

I'm with you on that one! I just might get sky TV if they would do that. :D

forget the TV, the web is the future and most yachting sites will have the best links.

here is one for you euro yachties

America's Cup: LIVE on Eurosport

The 33rd America's Cup between current holder Alinghi and BMW Oracle Racing will be shown LIVE on Eurosport and the Eurosport Player.

SAILING Alinghi ® from Switzerland powers ahead of Oracle Racing of the US in the final of the Challenger series - 0

More Stories

Eurosport will bring fans comprehensive coverage with:

- LIVE broadcast of the two races, held on February 8 and 10 from 08:30 until the end of the race (expected around 11:00). In the event of a tie, Eurosport will cover LIVE a third and final race on February 12.

:clap:

forget the TV, the web is the future and most yachting sites will have the best links.

here is one for you euro yachties

America's Cup: LIVE on Eurosport

]

I strongly beg to differ on that!

I like to watch Live sport on TV because the quality and lack of "technical issues" leave WWW based viewing for dead!

Also you can just push a button and wallah! uninterrupted coverage!

All live feed thru the WWW are compromised by the piss poor quality "broadband" system we have in our area that is always dropping speed / out!

Even with a XT Air card it drops out on average 2-3 times an hour!

and i am just 1.5 km's from a City!

TV hardly ever drops out!.

The future is TV for me!

My 46" is plugged into the interweb and can split screen so I view TV and web streams at the same time :thumbup:

Watched RC's latest interview yesterday. He could have trimmed it 10min by just coming out and say Ernie is a right c**t rather than waste the time trying to use more PC wording about his growing intense displeasure at the swiss/italian drug lord and his antics. I had the distinct impression he wanted to use that word and a few other similar.

Interesting to see he raised the high possibility the races could happen and a lot of the rules shite could be sorted afterwards. That's wrong. Also interesting to note BMWO is quite willing, or so he said, to delay the racing a small bit to allow AL to build sails in Swissland. And it looks as if BWMO is over the 'silly childish cartoons' out of AL. More than a few swipes along the lines of 'Larry is a self-made man where Bertie isn't'. No love lost between RC and his old employer I see.

Yes Mr YY, I was going to mention that as well.

Basically Lazza can sail pretty much in any comp and do good or better where Bertie has to stack the deck and then is still average... at best.

RC didn't hold much back even if it was in child friendly language.

yeh big fella the next few weeks are going to be great people watching sport

:thumbup:

and it wont be on TV, no matter how big your plasma is :silent:

opps just pissed some other random off :shh:

YY you might want to consider one thing.

Why do the biggest sports in the world (soccer, cricket, BAseball, League, rugby, tennis, BAsketball... ) use TV as thier main transmiission medium! (speed and $$$)

TV will dominate all the big sports for $, contract, and quality reasons. minor sports will get cheaper coverage via the WWW

actually two things...

Which gives the best and most reliable transmission! ...TV! by Far!.

(when did your TV last lose coverage or have slow / poor quality. The WWW does not compare and is not reliable!)

Archived