End of Year Rum Race

Another request for a ride

Hi there- I am involved in the friday night special series with richmond but am still new...really would love to get in on this race but don't have a boat. Do you know anyone who still needs crew?

Thanks!

Erin

Get back to me and I'll put you in touch.

It's all up to Mark as he has to have the handicaps ready to publish here by say Wed midday at the latest, probably should have them in by tomorrow night, in your case we'd try to accommodate.

Okay, entries :

Would prefer entries to be in by Tuesday night. Can handle entries on Wednesday but may not be free from work and be able to notify people of their start times until about 4pm so if you don't have access to email/web later Wednesday or leave a mobile number I can txt it probably wouldn't be such a good idea to leave it til the last minute.

If you don't know one way or the other whether you're racing, would suggest putting in an entry now and doing a bank transfer if you decide to go. Much easier to handle 'maybes' that way than try to communicate times to people at the last minute.

Race course, will decide on this tomorrow night and notify all by email and of course post it here. If anyone has any stunning insights on the weather, let's know. Forecasts I'm seeing are varying between 10kt east which isn't too bad and nothing from everywhere so I'm thinking pretty short courses, maybe 6.5 (short course) and 8.5 (long course).

Has anyone picked up the ladies who are looking for a ride?

Here's another lady throwing her hat in for a possible crew opportunity on this Race. If anyone could do with a novice crew member with a bunch of RYC Friday Night's & a few Destination races under her belt please contact me here or txt me on 021666660

I drink rum too :D

Noelene

A quick show of hands - it's going to be lightish and Tim W has brought this up in th epast, Do the multis want to use screechers as long as you all behave in a gentlemanly fashion and don't crash into anyone?

I have said yes to the Weta fleet, then thought maybe this would suit the rest of you.

not being a smart arse here, but why only allow screechers, not kites?

I don't know that all the fleet has screechers, and personally, if there is much breeze, I prefer a kite. Screechers scare me.

I'd be happy with extras, but not if limited to screechers.

not being a smart arse here, but why only allow screechers, not kites?

I don't know that all the fleet has screechers, and personally, if there is much breeze, I prefer a kite. Screechers scare me.

I'd be happy with extras, but not if limited to screechers.

Now were talking. If only I had a multi..... hmmmm problem :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

Ummmm - I said screechers coz that was what I remember Tim asking about some time ago - if it gets all to difficult we'll drop it, remember it's a fun race and the idea is not to break anything.

A quick show of hands - it's going to be lightish and Tim W has brought this up in th epast, Do the multis want to use screechers as long as you all behave in a gentlemanly fashion and don't crash into anyone?

I have said yes to the Weta fleet, then thought maybe this would suit the rest of you.

Go the Weta Fleet! and yes the frac kite or screecher is a good idea.

Archived