End of Year Rum Race

Maybe awesome, maybe not, these are the rules people.

A boat (not limited to multihulls) may race open (any sails) if they notify myself (markm@racetrack.org.nz) by midnight Tuesday 20 December or by posting there intent here by the same time.

Their start time shall be adjusted assuming a 6% improvement in performance and shall be rounded up to the nearest minute. The adjusted time shall be posted here and it shall be noted they are racing without sail limitations.

At the discretion of the organiser (David) and if sufficient interest is shown, a separately scored division may be created for boats sailing with no sail limitations in which case start times shall be recalculated on the basis of two separate divisions.

For the majority of boats, the penalty will not advantage them, this is deliberate, it is supposed to be a rum race, don't complain unless you want to attract a 2 minute penalty for annoying the handicapper.

Boats sailing under rum race sail limitations are sailing limited as per RNZYS rules, specifically code zero sails are not permitted, jib top sails are.

in 10 knots giving powerplay 19 mins

in a 8.5 nm race! We will get beatan by 19mins

Tim, perhaps you're suffering a little from the excesses of the festive season?

10 rum races for Tw this year, one monohull (V5) quicker than you, once?

Includes 3-0 against Wired, 8-0 Thunder, 2-0 Akatea (the C50), then there was Camper.

Are you really quite sure on this one, I was with you in spirit on the carbon vs. Aluminium line but this one's getting to be a tiny bit of a stretch.

in 10 knots giving powerplay 19 mins

in a 8.5 nm race! We will get beatan by 19mins

Tim, perhaps you're suffering a little from the excesses of the festive season?

10 rum races for Tw this year, one monohull (V5) quicker than you, once?

Includes 3-0 against Wired, 8-0 Thunder, 2-0 Akatea (the C50), then there was Camper.

Are you really quite sure on this one, I was with you in spirit on the carbon vs. Aluminium line but this one's getting to be a tiny bit of a stretch.

All of the last 10 races have been in a really good breeze.

Light airs its a different story altogether.

timberwolf will take the extras option as well thank you.

hey Squid, have you defined the Stealth Zone yet? Just wondering if there's a trickle down effect from events like the VOR into local racing. :wink:

hopefully a trickle down is not 50 boats starting, and only 25 finishing....

Have just entered the Rockweld.... However serious handicap is going to be needed....

Were in full cruise trim...which is something I don't think the boat has EVER actually been in.

Old mank sails.....and I'll be steering ;)

Have just entered the Rockweld.... However serious handicap is going to be needed....

Were in full cruise trim...which is something I don't think the boat has EVER actually been in.

Old mank sails.....and I'll be steering ;)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Archived