Out on the Gulf. So who is where???

wheels

Yep could be a party place lots off room 2 tie up , I'm on land at snellbeach can't c kawau !! Still sh*t out there, looks like we r off to barrier Monday or Tuesday

Sounds like the ideal weather window before the shite comes in again. May even get away for a night on Monday.

Gee it was windy last night. When I got up this morning my bbq had "sailed" across the deck!

Now at kawau island , miss had a great sail on the helm

Trucking up wind sitting on 8.5 sore 10 nkts not bad 4 a old bus, I had a beer in hand 2 , now sitting down having a rum, wot a places , great day on the water

We are heading to Kawau tomorrow (monday) and will be around that area all week.

G'day "BOO - - -" Is more than 1 2 'Boo' - as in 2 boo's - it that in fact boobs & size is ??? ^^>

Didn't U do the Hobart??. & if so tell us all about it. If nopt then Why-Not, as Jerry Harvey (Harvery Normans) would say.

Great New Years to y'all & have a FAB 2012. I even hope I can muddle through to the end!! Caio, james.

we're off to Fraser Island in the morning,from bundyberg, for 4 or 5 days.

we have a hawian party to go to on the 3rd at orchid beach,will be trying some of those fruit an alkyhol recipes out then...

Its gunna b on the nose and up to 25 kts,plenty of water across the deck t wash the puke away eh!! :sick:

Forcast has it dyingg away quite nicely over the week.

Sailed from Kawau to Rakino on the 30th. Saw 40 Knots past outside of Tiri. Regularly hitting double digits with just reefed main up. Sea getting pretty lumpy. Night in Woody bay was eventful. Dragged back onto the one mooring in the bay and when went to move and reset at 3am in howling wind and pelting rain the anchor had tangled around the mooring line. Ended up picking up the mooring and going back to sleep. Luckily had all the dive gear on board so managed tom get it untangled in the morning. Couldn't see anything.....

Great sail from Rakino back to Westhaven yesterday. Was glad I'd swapped the wife and kids for the brother in law for the sail though!

Kawau was great from the 23rd the the 28th when things started to get a bit windy.

Weather looking good for run to barrier tomorrow. Bon Accord had a few boats waiting for the weather to clear before we left but wasnt near full so guessing number following your plan smithy. Enjoy barrier.

Weather looking good for run to barrier tomorrow. Bon Accord had a few boats waiting for the weather to clear before we left but wasnt near full so guessing number following your plan smithy. Enjoy barrier.

Thanks ab. Yeah, full enough to have us anchored out in the middle with a westerly still blowing in here. Anchorline like a bowstring... :shock: :shock: Should swing to the SW and drop a bit according to predict wind so we should be OK. Might be a fun ride to the Barrier. Kite up with the kids as crew?? :crazy: :crazy: Maybe! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Is there plenty of shelter out at the barrier with the SW wind?

Yeah plenty of places to hide wheels, if you haven't been out there yet get on your bike!

It's beautiful, looks like a mob headed over that way. :D

Team Wheels is now playing host to Shanson while swinging on our mooring. Shanson is rafted up.

The wind has really picked up here.

:shock: I hope your mooring will cope with the loads of 2 heavy boats!

It looks like you may miss the window for sailing to the Barrier the easy way. Forecast is for it turning NE tomorrow. Bang on the nose.

Went out for a blast on the Offender yesterday with Pedro, Megwyn and husband & offspring. Loads of fun, and nothing too exciting - no more than 15 knots - boatspeed that is!

Team Wheels is now playing host to Shanson while swinging on our mooring. Shanson is rafted up.

The wind has really picked up here.

:shock: I hope your mooring will cope with the loads of 2 heavy boats!

It looks like you may miss the window for sailing to the Barrier the easy way. Forecast is for it turning NE tomorrow. Bang on the nose.

Went out for a blast on the Offender yesterday with Pedro, Megwyn and husband & offspring. Loads of fun, and nothing too exciting - no more than 15 knots - boatspeed that is!

Let's hope we all can have so much fun. What's wrong A-A couldn't you get the kids to paddle any faster - 15 kts boat-speed - was that with only 1 arm per kid.

Enjoy all, I'm stuck 2 1/2 stories up on a roof in 44* - hanging over the edge - cleaning gutters. Bloody long way down for a chap of 'manuer-years' (that was for Wheels to enjoy at my expense) - I'd rather be up a mast of twice that height - nothing much on a roof to hang on to.

I see that 'Banque Populaire' is some 1500 miles/knotical miles in front of 'Groupama 3's position at the same time. They've been doing 25.3kts up to 32.4kts since late last nite. WOW That's osme very serious sailing speed & here we sit - out at Barrier or on a roof. Druther be where they are. Glad you got back for festive season with 'ruggies' & the boss Greg. Enjoy what you get done in 2012. Caio for the other side of the puddle, james

Archived