laura dekker finish

Guest Crafty 1

To be fair. Yachting is poorly represented by TV and Radio media in NZ.

PJ and the Stupid Pom on TV1 are pathetic and not one of these (and most others) challenege the Hierachy about their poor performance.

PJ is possesed with the AC rubbish, is hated by Dalton, and just wants to advertise that he knows the movers and shakers and hang out with his rich mates and the pom is not much different!

All they really do is spin a story with Good vibes to try and get people to watch the average TV coverage they produce.

Quite Average for a bunch of overpaid "non sailors". :thumbdown:

Now i wait for Silver Raver to pull this apart. However since his last faux Pas he has been very quiet Aye :wink: ciao James :P

You too seem to have a lot to say. Crafty...

Silver Raven has as much right as you to say what he wants, and good on him, as long as he doesn't criticize or denegrate the man (as you have done re him living in Australia, (another post))

Guest Crafty 1
You too seem to have a lot to say. Crafty...

Silver Raven has as much right as you to say what he wants, and good on him, as long as he doesn't criticize or denegrate the man (as you have done re him living in Australia, (another post))

JohnMi, you need to pay attention more often!

Silver Raver did exactly that to Booboo and i in another post He was very rude and denegrated us for having and opinion over the VOR. Even Clipper will back this up (can't be arsed finding the post) and commented about having him on Foe !

Suggest you keep up with the play, see the sense of fun in my post, and not denegrate me over something when 1/2 cocked!

other than that i have no issues with you. :wink: :P

How are your starts these dayz? :silent: :silent:

Hi Crafty

OK, maybe I went off a bit quick, just get pissed off with people who hit below the belt.

The starts? I wish there were some, no mast means no racing, no racing means no starts, (no starts means no uptight competitors, gotta look on the bright side I guess)

Guest Crafty 1
Hi Crafty

OK, maybe I went off a bit quick, just get pissed off with people who hit below the belt.

The starts? I wish there were some, no mast means no racing, no racing means no starts, (no starts means no uptight competitors, gotta look on the bright side I guess)

Fair enough :thumbup: But SR started it and i thought... oh bugger it! i'll give him something to think about (being Aussie and all that). Booboo obviously has him on the ignore program :thumbup:

if you wanted to see "below the belt" AA and had a good go at it and fair to say it was bloody exciting for a moment. But were all cool now and the peace, love and mung beens are all good (he probably has me on his Foe list) :lol:

Hope you get an erection up soon :thumbup:

Is it still rated as Solo in the true sense of the word when you are in constant communication with an "Onshore Crew" giving you constant weather updates and guidance?

Surely a true solo voyage is where you don't have any help like this?

Otherwise - whats the point? Surely the test is to see if you can do it on your own? No?

Or have we moved on from the Golden Globe of 1968 and the likes of Knox-Johnston, Moiterssier, Blythe etc...

Speaking (as RiverJim did) of the great first race, you guys should read "A Voyage for Madmen" by Peter Nichols. The story of the first globe race in the late 60's.

It is the best written, most amazing story of the sea. It reads like a novel. But by someone who knows his stuff.

I've given my copy to at least a dozen people (sailors and non-sailors) to read on a boomerang basis and they've loved it. I know of 5 who then went and bought their own copy.

I re-read it now and then - they really were MAD - unbelievable the boats they sailed on AND the lack of experience they had as sailors (and I mean ANY experience at all for some of them) :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Archived