Round New Zealand updates

thanks for plotting these, was this at this morning sked?... must of moved on a bit by now....

vingilot must have it on phrf...

i guess we neeed to have it zoomed out quite a bit to see panther and pelagian...??

They might be close now but by the time the wind is due to peak (45-60kts early Sat am) it's due to have backed thru to SE making it an offshore breeze.

The wooden Stuarts are mostly three skins of 6mm and I would think extremely strong. The 1960 vintage ones show no signs of delamination. (I'm pleased to say)

depending on where exactly pelagian is at the mo.... they might currently be sailing downwind in sunny 15kn.....not so this evening i think though....

The wooden Stuarts are mostly three skins of 6mm and I would think extremely strong. The 1960 vintage ones show no signs of delamination. (I'm pleased to say)

That's interesting Fossil - I was thinking maybe they were only 2 skins 8mm.

Any comment on relative strength to a grp boat ?

Of course it all depends on the framing/stringer sizes and with GRP the layup/framing

if you click on the top left corner it wil expand to view it....

any one ploted pelagian in there yet?...

looks like the beneteau is a bit stronger than most would give it credit.....or is it the cam factor....getting it slowed down and holding it together??..

Guest Rocket

Hope it follows the northerly track - if it went south the damaging quadrants would be right over them. The bugger is they move a bit randomly

Guest Rocket

Yeah KM and they are probably on the right style boat for that - hope it is a tough one. Revs might be a bit exciting methinks...

Hmm i think we all have the right thinking not the stewart!! Tomorrow is saturday and i might spend it inside nice dry and warm with the misus cooking a nice warm and filling dinner :-P Stuff being out there in that haha

StephenC - where did you get those radio reports from? I'm afraid I can't read what is posted in the Forum!!

I get them emailed from the event organisers, but they do put it up on the SSANZ website. Just click under the latest news and they should be up twice a day.

Hmm i think we all have the right thinking not the stewart!! Tomorrow is saturday and i might spend it inside nice dry and warm with the misus cooking a nice warm and filling dinner :-P Stuff being out there in that haha
Who said harden the f*ck up??

Whoever it was is silly, I'm in with Marshys thinking :lol:

Guest Rocket

Agree on the HTFU comment - clearly never been in the ocean with something like that coming at them.

I have enough trouble getting a close relative to one of the boats out there to go upwind in 15 kn and flat seas - hate to think what they have been experiencing and will need to do for a while yet. Sometimes a couch is a good place.

Archived