Young 99 vrs Young 11

smithy09

I must admit, KM, you have got me curious: yesterday you drove for three hours to look at a still-unidentified boat, today you're looking at multihulls in Oz. A newcomer would say you are hopelessly lost but I know there is always a cunning plan at work.

The varnished boat is knot you though, given your history with topsides maintenance. :twisted:

Me with vanished topsides, yeah right. Never happen, I know how much work they are.

:lol: :lol: Yes boat shopping is proving to be hard work. Got bloody close to nailing one late last year but missed just. Sussed a few since with no excitement. Found a good potential so drove to suss on Tuesday. Pig rooter in both presentation and the lack of easy ability to modify to our desires, even though I can look past all the crap. So then got my Sth Island personal shopper, Wheels, onto a good potential one in the Sth Island...... 2 days to late for that one, Sold, Bugger. So now back looking over seas again. I know it's out there somewhere.

What is it? Yeah as if I'm going to tell you, everyone will laugh, some that hard they may blow a Fu-fu, so in the interest of safety I'm knot saying. For those 2 who do know, tell and I'll hurt you ;) But the target preference is a multi in the 55-60ft range. Basically me and the Wa have had enough of living in a house attached to dry land so trying to find one that floats instead.

Found a possible in Japan so waiting for more info on that. Looks a tad freaky but with close to 2100 sq ft of floor area it is a good size. I'm pretty sure it's neither a Young or a Ross design though :lol:

I don't need to get faster, I just need to be on the start line when the gun goes :)

Oh, the 22nd is it? I'm pinching the jetty berth again for the evening if that's OK. Seems a lot easier than driving.

I'd be just a tiny bit careful and quiet Mr Ant if I were you, it was only 3-2 in your favour in that series if I recall. Not everyone on this site has suffered the shame, the indignity, one might even say ignominy of losing to our favourite city dwelling lizard.

(good stirring though)

I guess boat A vs boat B smack talk can now be proved true of false now i better shutup case my record gets posted :oops:

Now if I was AA I think I'd have to come back at the Data Lord with some comment along the lines of -

Wasn't it YOU who suggested to us what rating we should put said slippery Reptile on and just how accurate did that prove to be?

Knot that I'd be brave enough to question the DL myself ;)

Oh crap, did I post that out loud? :lol: :lol:

Hey Smithy.... there is another 99 (1034) in Tga that is immaculate and well maintained that may be available as the owner is be embarking on an ocean cruise in a luxury cruising cat to the islands and may never come back from the dark side of multis to the lead swingers

Ballystick is living proof that you just can't trust all your mates, go away for a couple of days and he tries to sell my boat out from

under me! Probably getting tired of looking at our transom.

Don't want to thread hijack but seeing as I started it... KM I have no problem admitting that you beat me fair n' square during most of that series. I was poking borax at you about the last race cos it's the only one I can do it for knowing you don't have a comeback! Yeah you were 40 seconds late for the start (that's pretty early for you though) but I won't let on about the finishing margin cos otherwise you'll tell everyone how you beat me by 45 minutes in the previous race while I had a front row seat watching you sail around all of us! :wtf:

Don't get me started on MarkM's good advice on handicaps! :sick: If there was money at stake I'd have suspected a stitch up! :lol:

Yeah should be fine for the 22nd I'll book you in on the work berth when I go down to the club today.

Ha ha. That's one way to get rid of the opposition! Any photos of your boat Rafin?? Always keen to see exterior and interiors of 99s as they can be quite diferent!

Don't want to thread hijack but seeing as I started it... KM I have no problem admitting that you beat me fair n' square during most of that series.

Damn pleased about that as I'm planning on doing it again next series :)

I suspect the fleet will knot get caught twice though so I'm going to have to up my game a fair bit.

I also suspect the H/c adviser won't get caught twice either ;)

I think you're right on both cases there KM!

Hey Smithy, I got bad news for you, Witchy Woman has been sold - I've just been talking to the new owner. Sounds nice. Electric winch for the main no less!

Bugger! I thought she might go. Price was good and the boat looked OK!! Oh well back to my other choices which are really not bad!! :D :D The whole exersise got me a whole heap of information, 8 pages of forum space and over 2700 views.. Almost worth a flag! :roll: :roll: :roll:

couple of y11s have runners for forestay tension and a top mast backstay but swept back spreaders. force eleven has the most gucci set up though, not recommended for tin sticks.

dont think wal owned jesse james but hes been on a few boats....

standard kit for Y11's was runners as well as checks, the ruby had an abomination called "wonder lowers"( D1's were paralllel and the aft tension was taken a few feet below on the wonder's) , Y11 topmast backstay was mainly for both show and to help support kites as the rigs depowered themselves without the need for tension here, as for combined runners and topmast being unsuitable for an alloy rig............ take a good long look at the itchy feet, bashed all over the place.......same stick all these years and yep....it's tin, countless of us tried to tear this rig out ............it's still there !!! , as for the Jess , apart from crash, only one kiwi owner.

We had runners when we purchaced Slippery but after putting a carbon main on the main pulled the luff that bloody straight I

Archived