Short-handed races - calendar

So other than SSANZ Simrad series starting in July and Devonport Yacht club Single-handed on April 14th what other 2 or single handed events are coming up?

Anyone else know of any others?

I think 'the series' is probably 1/2 way thru by now or getting towards the end maybe. 6 races over the season so ball park a month apart.

It goes something like this -

R1 is a 2 handed up Kawau way and back.

R2 a solo down Rakino way and back

R3 a His n Hers 2 up around Rangi

R4 a solo somewhere

R5 a solo somewhere else

R6 a 2 up large Olympic course.

Roughly.

The variety is great as are the courses, which aren't all over in an hour type thing, they are a good get your teeth into length. The waters are brilliant and knot infested with yellow buoys or tide. The fleet is varied so there is usually a boat or 2 of your speed close by. The handicapping is easily one of the best around and catches up with any tricky feckers very fast. And the WBC runs it all damn well indeed and are very practical with options if the weather god is playing up badly.

I live in Bayswater Marina and leave around 3 hours before the starting time, which varies due to the Weiti river bar, do the race and then enjoy a lovely trundle home. So it's a good full day but rarely gets into night time by the time I was getting back. The sail home down the coast in 10-12kts, usually on the beam, with a coldie in hand, stereo pumping, Ray AP driving as evening starts to set in have been magnificent of the 1st Order. With some I even sailed up Friday evening and then parked up in Arkles or on the WBC jetty (you do need to ask about that as it could be booked, speak to AA) which was extremely pleasant. But a warning on that - tieing up to the jetty could and has lead to large nites and sore mornings, they are a very friendly bunch... or just trying to knobble the townies, knot sure which. I have come to believe the WBC 'Black Operations Committee' is very good at it's job :lol: :lol:

I'd have done this seasons with huge gusto, if my boat was suffering a 1 in 28y rebuild. I'll be there again next year for sure. There is some fresh meat to play with I hear, knot to mention Bump n Grind has been having it too easy so I need to put a stop to that :wink:

If I could do only 2 shorthanded things each season one would definitely be the WBC series, no question what so ever.

Weiti BC Short Handed Series.

Easily one of the best around and very well worth the little extra commute to the startline.

When is it KM?

Excellent question Ferrari.

Its done, last one was 17th March. So quite a big gap until Simrad for shorthanded if nothing else pops up.

EE

Weiti BC Short Handed Series.

Easily one of the best around and very well worth the little extra commute to the startline.

When is it KM?

Excellent question Ferrari.

Its done, last one was 17th March. So quite a big gap until Simrad for shorthanded if nothing else pops up.

EE

Bugger. Cocked that timing up didn't I. Oh well, book it in for nest season then.

Archived