2012 8.5 Nationals

Hurts

I wasn't meaning anything about tigre. I understood another boat had a different skipper to normal, but I don't know facts, so will shut up!

He was helming from the bow :clap: and did a good job by the look of the results, although if he had stayed in the back of the boat he may not have busted himeslef up as much !!

It's the 8.5 Nationals - if it fits in the box turn up and race - end of story. The handicap is just a sideline.

He was helming from the bow :clap: and did a good job by the look of the results, although if he had stayed in the back of the boat he may not have busted himeslef up as much !!

Wish I had been... would not have been a human catapult! :-) Cris and Kitty rolled nicely over on the front beam.

Great to be back out racing in less than 4 days and to get a win on the last Commorore's Cup.

Clipper I guess you are referring to the borderline crew.

Yes it's true I didn’t drive the boat in the regatta, but in actual fact I very seldom do, I like doing bow and trimming main and am not to bad at it, I also know the boat backwards and upside down so am the most sensible to be sorting out issues. I don’t have the megalomaniacal need to drive which some owners do, maybe they should let others have a go there boats may go quicker.

It is also true that we changed the intended helmsman 3 weeks before the regatta as my normal crew had work commitments but Kevin who did drive had been sailing on the boat all summer. We only got our third crew confirmed the week before the regatta. If anything we had a less experienced crew on board than we sailed with all summer and were intending to do the regatta with. Should I have suggest they lower our handicap.

Clipper I guess you are referring to the borderline crew.

Yes it's true I didn’t drive the boat in the regatta, but in actual fact I very seldom do, I like doing bow and trimming main and am not to bad at it, I also know the boat backwards and upside down so am the most sensible to be sorting out issues. I don’t have the megalomaniacal need to drive which some owners do, maybe they should let others have a go there boats may go quicker.

It is also true that we changed the intended helmsman 3 weeks before the regatta as my normal crew had work commitments but Kevin who did drive had been sailing on the boat all summer. We only got our third crew confirmed the week before the regatta. If anything we had a less experienced crew on board than we sailed with all summer and were intending to do the regatta with. Should I have suggest they lower our handicap.

Yup, I was andy. Not meaning anything nasty, just frustrated in general by the handicap nonsense.

I should have said nothing. :oops:

The class is a box rule, so as ant says for line results, bring whatever fits, with whoever driving.

At which you guys did a glamour job and deserved to win.

The handicap situation is always tough, and people often feel hard done by. Last BMW I picked up a new kite on the friday morn, and had previously declared that to Greg, I know rental also had a new sail or 2 they declared. Dunno if this affected the results at all, but we tried to be as up front as possible.

I don't have any solutins to the issues, and i do believe that the guys who sailed the best shoudl win on handicap, to that extent, borderline, whio etc should have been up there, and definately in front of me (as they were)

Archived