Singlehanded / Shorthanded Racing - Support for more racing?

Kaihe Atamai

I've got back advice on safety requirements for singlehanded racing from YNZ

Why does that sentence send a chill down my spine?

It was good news - and cleared the way to proceed.

It's not as if I'm proposing to send a Ross boat to Oz - :shock:

:shh: :shh: :shh: It's just a 30fter. Mention 'Ross' and you can see the defibrillators getting readied ;)

I like your thinking Jono.

Ok so you can't handle the rum after, is that it

Knot usually a problem. You've usually drunken most of it by then. And don't laugh, if I enter and can't make it guess who gets to take the boat instead? ;)

Can't see SSANZ doing it this year as NOR and SI are all done and off to printers, but could happen in the future if there is the interest.

Just think with only one crew we could get 300+ boats out !

you guys should also look at whats happening up at Weiti & GHYC's - with the new B & T series. Cash prizes...and a mixture if some great courses....check out the other threads in this topic or go to the Weiti Boating Club web site for details...

www.weiti.co.nz

Come on all you townies....this is your chance to chase us around and maybe win some cash....can your sponsors in town better that?? :D

you guys should also look at whats happening up at Weiti & GHYC's - with the new B & T series. Cash prizes...and a mixture if some great courses....check out the other threads in this topic or go to the Weiti Boating Club web site for details...

http://www.weiti.co.nz

Come on all you townies....this is your chance to chase us around and maybe win some cash....can your sponsors in town better that?? :D

And the rum back at the club is always Appletons for those who take note of the details.

Was surprised at the size of the fleet yesterday, this is shaping up to be a great series if that carries on :-)

Bill from the start boat reports 6 starters, one was a bit late but couldn't wait for it, and course 2, which is McKenzie buoy ( north end of Rangi Channel), Haystack, finish at Arkles.

That should make it a beam reach broad reach or run, then windward slog to the finish. There were some heavy bullets puffing through at the club earlier, I would expect conservative sail plans all round today :shock:

Go the RB. It looked very fresh out there, all day, so what an excellent result. Not the sort of day that one would necessarily see as a day for a solo R 8.30, or E 770 for that matter.

Getting to the sharp end of the seres now. The Richmond Destination Series Race 6 & 7 is a short jaunt from WH to Gulf Harbour. A night in the tropics and a race home. Great opportunity for us all to catch up. Still a few of you to enter. I'm sure you'll be allowed out. Just say it's really important!!

This weekend is a big one for the series and a great time to catch up after a summer of chasing each other around the gulf. Will be nice to catch up for a rum.

Archived