Ross 930 winter series

Ptown

Well done to Fast Company for taking out the Series double :clap: Inside oil was a nice new #1 from Tony Harold might have helped in the last one 8)

Great racing yesterday with the lead changing quite a bit over the course. The following starters in no particular order:

Fast Company

Pepe

Arch Rival

Grunt Machine

Scarlett Fever

No Worries

Ballistic

The Bondi Tram

The Entertainer

Wild Oats

Start Me Up

Some obviously need to watch the depth gauge a bit more too eh :shock:

Three races into the Ross 930 Ponsonby Winter series and we've probably averaged about 2 knots TWS the whole time. Testing our drifting skills!

Yesterday Fast Company took the path of less tide and smoked us all. On the other side of the course (at times looking like they were heading to Bucks) No Worries took the path of more tide and less wind snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

A great comeback from Scarlett Fever to slip into second in front of The Entertainer.

Almost another shorts and T-shirt winter race, damn you global warming.

An hour before the finish to say Scarlett Fever was out the back door and No Worries along with The Entertainer were doing damn near an horizon job, would have been understating it. The race management team were wondering where No Worries was off to there for a while, we thought the Bottom End seemed the most likely :)

The move of the day was by Wild, the 727. It was approx 3 weeks behind the fleet, +/- a bit, only to come around the last mark and make the smartest call for the day. She finished mid fleet on the line and about 2 years ahead on handicap.

And if that wasn't freaky enough we also found a 930 skipper who voluntarily, without protests, bitching or threats to body parts, withdraw has he suspected, only suspected, they went 3mt the wrong side of a mark. It cost them a podium finish as well. A honest 930 driver, who could have see that one coming :lol:

We won't go into why some of the tweaky turbos were behind the old school pedigrees :shock:

We even saw a rather low level aircraft taking interest in the 930's. We were thinking either the CIA or more likely Mr W Oats.

How fickle yacht racing can be at times :)

Some photos. Taken by a Sony Z1 if anyone is interested. Nice but a sh*t zoom as can be seen in the Pepe shot that's been cropped, they all have to some degree.

post-646-14188726785.jpg

post-646-141887267853.jpg

post-646-141887267857.jpg

post-646-141887267861.jpg

post-646-141887267865.jpg

We even saw a rather low level aircraft taking interest in the 930's. We were thinking either the CIA or more likely Mr W Oats

Yep that was me, the finish sounds nothing like what I saw. Sadly my pics didn't come out.

post-12703-14188726787.jpg

We even saw a rather low level aircraft taking interest in the 930's. We were thinking either the CIA or more likely Mr W Oats

Yep that was me, the finish sounds nothing like what I saw. Sadly my pics didn't come out.

I suspected as much from the type and it's interest in yachts.

Yes the game changed dramatically a little after you left..... taking what little wind there was with ya :lol: :lol:

Yes it would Ptown. It caused all sorts of confusion in the tower as I didn't know that was happening. I nearly flew the X flag :)

I'll have a chat and see what I can suss.

Knot until Oct/Nov now. I have to get in and out via a grass reserve and the weather (plus council lack of maintenance induced flooding) means it's now closed to heavy vehicles. I didn't quite make it out in time..... but the house has new goodies and paint :?

At times it would be more efficient to be single.

Archived