Anyone Seen Stolen D28 Le Cure

cjpjlang

Okay lets get this clear, I live in Whangaparaoa, Repeat Offender used to live in the Weiti River, the H28 lives at Northcote point / Sulfur beach or what ever the hell you want to call it.

At NO Time did any shuffling take place in the Weiti river. The H28 was taken from Sulfur Beach and left a Westhaven ( where it would seem Security is nonexistent) In the Weiti River they only steal the contents of boats or out boards and dinghy's not H28s. Perhaps the same perpetrator/ Shuffler is involved in both cases. In which case they are not Repeat Offenders but "Croupiers " I deeply resent any accusations which suggest that I have at any time recently been involved with any single hulled convenience kept upright by large amounts of lead. :sick:

I am glad that the outcome of this indecent is a pleasant one ( thats the D28) not the scandalous accusations :wink:

Okay lets get this clear, I live in Whangaparaoa, Repeat Offender used to live in the Weiti River, the H28 lives at Northcote point / Sulfur beach or what ever the hell you want to call it.

At NO Time did any shuffling take place in the Weiti river. The H28 was taken from Sulfur Beach and left a Westhaven ( where it would seem Security is nonexistent) In the Weiti River they only steal the contents of boats or out boards and dinghy's not H28s. Perhaps the same perpetrator/ Shuffler is involved in both cases. In which case they are not Repeat Offenders but "Croupiers " I deeply resent any accusations which suggest that I have at any time recently been involved with any single hulled convenience kept upright by large amounts of lead. :sick:

I am glad that the outcome of this indecent is a pleasant one ( thats the D28) not the scandalous accusations :wink:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :wink:

I stand corrected - it was reported that the H28 was uplifted from Stillwater . . . but of course, I should have known that your single hulled, lead dangling craft was indeed resting at a mooring not far from Northcote. :wink:

However, I disagree Offender, if it is the same perpetrator, then they would be recidivists, it would have to be a copy cat perpetrator surely to be a "Croupier". :lol:

Must be the nicking season! I Arrived to do some work on Gwalarn at Kissing Point (Whg) only to find bits of cut painter and no dink! It wasn't the flashest parkercraft around but was a good to and fro dinghy.

First class outcome. Aren't communities great? And now we have a new member. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I thought I was going to have to watch for her up here judging from the direction she was going. :D :D

Hello to the owner of le cure, I reported my near new Tasman rib presumed stolen off the end of X pier on the 26th May,

The police called me this afternoon to tell me they have found the rib with the stolen yacht Le Cure, The thieves used the rib to get out to the D28 , also other boat owners on swing moorings have said that their boats have been boarded probably by the same thieves,

I hope there was no damage done to Le Cure as she is a lovely looking boat,

I guess its hard to know what steps to take in order to make our boats more secure, especially out on swing or pile moorings,

At least we have our boats back And many thanks to the maritime police and anyone else in identifying le cure.

regards Phil... F2 Two's Company

Interestingly, Westhaven Security told us today that a RIB was stolen from X pier and another boat on a swing mooring broken into during same period - all sounds connnected.
And they have nothing on security cams ?????

When I reported my Tasman rib missing on the 26th may

from rack 130 which is at the end of X pier, the security guy said its right under the security cam, so I went to see Des head of security, he told me the camera had been turned to view the direction of the floating dock! and that the dinghy area is no longer on the surveillance camera! So!! what's the point of having cameras!! If the camera had not been turned, it would of clearly shown the Rib being stolen, which could of identified the thieves that stole the D28 Le Cure,

Come on Westhaven step it up !!

Liveaboards are one of the best ways to deter and catch these thieves.

It's tempting to just park a nice yacht somewhere as bait and watch it like a hawk. Ready to pounce on it when some Bastard thinks he can take it.

Deterring them is no good actually, they'll just go somewhere else, better to catch them.

The thing is, Westhaven notice immediately if you come in at 3am and want to park in your mates empty berth for the rest of the night just so you can get some sleep before tying to go anywhere else.

It seems there were boats broken into in the river here as well. WE need to catch this guy soon. I'm pretty sure it is just one deviant.

The policeman responsible for finding the boat (he sent up the Westpac chopper) is a great guy. He sails regularly on Akatea, owns an H28 which is moored at Stillwater and you often see the Deodar out watching the Coastal or the Simrad.

He loves his yachting.

The NZ Police Force Maritime Unit does a great job thanks to its very passionate staff.

this is a great result for the owner, I hope there is not too much damage. And great news on the RIB

Not saying it IS, but it COULD be a woman you know...

We'd all be in court or something for discrimination if we were jumping to the conclusion it was a female...

Fantastic result. Been watching this thread keenly from down here in the snow. Excellewnt news about the RIB too.

if it is the same perpetrator, then they would be recidivists,

No, No my dear misguided woman a deck of cards contains cards of differing value and type and yet can be shuffled by a croupier so I do tend to think the "Low Life pond scum sucking waste of space, who did this " would be more croupier than recidivist.

Any way we have a crew member who thinks they may know the perpetrator!!!! the Friends some people have.

Just to let you know the police now have someone in custody. Amazing result in such a short space of time.

We take possession tomorrow - on the surface looks like that the thief was making our boat home and planning a long voyage so although full of his stuff and messy there appears to be no significant damage.

Thanks Phil - (f 2s Company) - great they found your RIB as well!. Interesting to hear you reported the RIB missing on the 26th - why on earth did Westhaven not send out altert to others to check boats?

I'll be interested to see if the offence is regarded any more seriously by the courts compared to the theft of a car of the same value. I guess the other question is should it?

Or better still we could find some obsolete but nevertheless fitting admiralty law to apply where keelhauling is just the beginning of the punishment :lol: Am pretty sure KM would oblige us the necessary rope and chain......preferably old and barnacle encrusted...... :lol:

We need some rat-traps.

Years ago when I was working in insurance in the UK we occassionally used to give the Police some of our written off cars - financially writen off but physically in good conditions. The cops tidied them up, parked them in streets prone to car thefts, then hid. The cars were fitted out so that they could be started (usually hot wired) but after driving a few metres they shut down and the doors locked trapping the occupants inside until the Police arrived.

But I think we ran into some legal issues and we had to stop doing it.

how could there be legal issues with that? you catch the buggers red handed. do they claim that if the police hadn't been there to arrest them on the spot they could suffocate because they can't get out? tough sh*t. saves having to feed them in prison.

I think they consider it "entrapment". No. not because the thief is locked inside the car, but that it is a setup to catch a thief.

The Police did it here in NZ also. I had a student sent to my course who had been caught that way. He had become world famous in his "hood" due to the video being shown on Crime watch or whatever the show was called at the time.

Or better still we could find some obsolete but nevertheless fitting admiralty law to apply where keelhauling is just the beginning of the punishment :lol: Am pretty sure KM would oblige us the necessary rope and chain......preferably old and barnacle encrusted...... :lol:

I've send ropes and chains into the coldest place on earth, to the bottom of the Kermadec trench, onto some of the worlds fastest yachts and even some rope into outer space recently but never once had the chance to keel haul anyone.... but knot from lack of desire I can assure you. Yeap, I'm in for that, just say when and I'll bring a selection.

Archived