Aussie

A query on this weekends course. The SI's show the course as follows

Start Orakei Wharf
    Passing Rangitoto and Motutapu Islands to Starboard
    Motuihe Island to Port
    Motuihe yellow buoy to Port
    Passage Rock to Starboard
    Finishing Orakei Wharf

Where it says "Motuihe yellow buoy to Port" is this the buoy BBYC refers to as "Sergeant channel Yellow Buoy" or is this Browns Is. Navy buoy like previous Spring regattas? It seems a bit odd to reference the Sergeant Channel buoy after referencing Motuihe Island to Port where the next destination is Passage Rock. Am I missing something?

I'd hate to sail the wrong course :?

Just about to stick Mercenarys entry in for the series. Any other small boats coming out to play? Judging by Simrad it should be a good tussle between us and T-Rex. What about the 930's etc? Toles you coming along?

A query on this weekends course. The SI's show the course as follows

Start Orakei Wharf
    Passing Rangitoto and Motutapu Islands to Starboard
    Motuihe Island to Port
    Motuihe yellow buoy to Port
    Passage Rock to Starboard
    Finishing Orakei Wharf

Where it says "Motuihe yellow buoy to Port" is this the buoy BBYC refers to as "Sergeant channel Yellow Buoy" or is this Browns Is. Navy buoy like previous Spring regattas? It seems a bit odd to reference the Sergeant Channel buoy after referencing Motuihe Island to Port where the next destination is Passage Rock. Am I missing something?

I'd hate to sail the wrong course :?

Hey, trying to find out from someone from Richmond as they set the course. Bear with me and as soon as I have an answer I'll post here and email everyone.

Thanks!!!

Official Competitors Email that was sent this morning:

2012/2013 Nexus Gold Cup

Hi All,

Thanks for entering the 2012/2013 Nexus Gold Cup, a series hosted by Royal Akarana Yacht Club in conjunction with Richmond Yacht Club, Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron and Bucklands Beach Yacht Club.

To date we have 21 entries. This is fantastic and a huge improvement on last year’s entry list of 12. If you know anyone else who is keen to enter, please encourage them to do so ASAP so we can ensure we are prepared for the first race on Saturday.

Queries regarding the Spring Regatta Race 1

• There have been a few questions asked regarding the course for Race 1. We have spoken with Richmond Yacht Club regarding this and the course is as it’s published.

• Note – The Motuihe yellow buoy is not to be confused with the Navy Buoy.

• If you need further clarification please reply to this email.

Entry Fees and PHRF/IRC Handicaps

• There are still a few boats that have not yet paid the entry fee. Please contact Suellen on 524 9945 to arrange payment BEFORE the first race.

• Please forward any outstanding PHRF or IRC documents to suellen@rayc.org.nz or fax to 520 1380 ASAP

Spring Regatta – Invitation to attend the Prize Giving at Richmond Yacht Club

• Richmond Yacht Club is encouraging all Nexus Gold Cup entrants to attend the Prize Giving on Sunday 23rd September.

• Burgers and chips etc. will be available from 1800 hours

• Prize Giving will kick off at approx. 1900 hours

• All Nexus Gold Cup entrants are in the draw to win 6 bottles of Appletons Rum and 6 bottles of Coca Cola thanks to Coolstore Construction

• Please support Richmond Yacht Club and attend this prize giving.

Results

• Results will be posted as soon as they are available on the Nexus Gold Cup page of the RAYC website - http://rayc.org.nz/gold-cup/

• I will email everyone when they are available and also post on the Nexus Gold Cup Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/goldcupinshoreseries

That’s it for the moment!

All official updates will come via email and be available on the website.

Kind Regards,

Suellen

Can someone please post the gps co-ords for the "Motuihe yellow buoy" we are to round to port. From the other "spring regatta" thread it was stated that it is the "Sergent Channel" marker from this site:

http://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/Site ... itions.pdf

If it is, then we are into one of these situations where people start arguing about what would happen if we had a piece of string stretched around the course and would it touch each bouy etc (we had an issue with this a BBYC a while ago). I think the proper way to do it, if that were the mark would be to go out of your way and loop round the mark and then head on your way to passage Rk.

Can we have some clarification please?

This is what I have received:

The Spring Regatta is a Richmond YC race and the first Gold Cup race is run by RYC as part of our Spring Regatta.

RYC calls the yellow racing buoy located at 36 49 300S 174 57 400E 'Motuihe Buoy'. YES it is the same buoy that the Harbour Master calls "Sargeant Channel Buoy'

This will go into an official email to all entrants today.

Reading the sailing instructions how do I know when the short course is to be used, as in attachment 6?

Boots - I'll issue an amendment to make it clearer. Will do this Monday.

Provisional Results Race 1 - Nexus Gold Cup

Please Note: These results do not include Nosaka or This Way Up - these boats were individual race entries and at time of publishing results we did not have their handicaps. These will be added on Monday as an Individual Race Result.

Click here to view

If you see any (legitimate) issues, please let me know via email - suellen@rayc.org.nz

And a reminder that the prizegiving is tonight at the RYC clubhouse:

Spring Regatta & Gold Cup Prizegiving - Sun, 23 Sept - 1800 hours at RYC - loads of great prizes for skippers and crew. The bar will be open and the kitchen will be serving burgers and chips. Come and enjoy the fun.

Skippers Alert - Enter, pay, race and come to the prizegiving for a chance to win 6 bottles of Appleton's Rum and 6 bottles of Coca Cola thanks to Coolstore Construction.

Archived