General Lee

Oh that simple. Makes sense though.

Good space back there to jamb in a few big lads for the 40kts up the chuff slide. Good thinking. Imagine having to choose between having Wal or Booboo either on your lap or you on theirs when back there, either option is just yucky :lol:

Now if it was Daisy {insert perverted smiley here} :wink:

Man that thing is sexy, not sure about the paint job but apart from that

I think i'm in love.

Mate..... The pain job it the best part, still doesn't quite measure up

Great colour though

n632426001_399855_6485.jpg

Oh that simple. Makes sense though.

Good space back there to jamb in a few big lads for the 40kts up the chuff slide. Good thinking. Imagine having to choose between having Wal or Booboo either on your lap or you on theirs when back there, either option is just yucky :lol:

Now if it was Daisy {insert perverted smiley here} :wink:

I must be slow today, after the mentions of Wal and Booboo, when I saw the name Daisy, my first thought was a well-known Hobie sailor and former crew member on Antaeus and Anticipation, whose real name is of course Dave. Which made your perverted smiley very perverted indeed.

Boat is a credit to all involved, great pics, keen to see some action shots or video when she gets out sailing. :clap:

Edit: Bikini on the Piedy is a nice touch too.

I first thought of that Daisy too....Is there something we don't know????

Getting back to the General Lee, anyone know of a smaller boat running a pump?

Oh more yucky.... I can assure you the Daisy I'm referring to comes in 2 forms only. Both are clearly shown earlier in this thread.

Knot sure if the graphics float my boat but I do like the base colour.

the paint job is nearly as impressive as the boat! Looks to be a well thought out piece of kit. Well done Brett + cc. Shame to hear about the negative comments on the name.

Would love to see a boat like that here...

That paint job rocks. Nice to see a bit of old school colour being used that's for sure.

I pray the boat's going to be sailed in the same spirit of the Dukes of Hazard.

Please tell me she's got the horn fitted too!

Yep, and hoping to see all crew members getting into the boat by sliding across the cabin top and through the windows like Bo 'n' Luke. :thumbup:

Think we have already got a lot more enjoyment out of this name than the other option that was being considered - good decision.

Love it. The theme, colour scheme and graphics. All very nicely done. Great looking boat. Looks fast just standing still. Nice job everyone involved.

Thank you all for the positive comments. The boat sailed the Rum Race last night as a bit of a shake down. Chased Wired and Georgia down the harbour, but finally was run down by Carrera, Thunder, and pipped by Champosa at the finish.

The crew are out sailing overnight saturday and sunday as a practice for Fiji race. Photos next week.

I have a new thread for you next week - a New Zealand built semi-production Classe 950. A young boat builder trying to present a cost effective option for kiwis to build a new dual purpose boat for short handed sailing. Available from hull and decks onwards to a finished boat. He is negotoating the first sale now.

I have a new thread for you next week - a New Zealand built semi-production Classe 950. A young boat builder trying to present a cost effective option for kiwis to build a new dual purpose boat for short handed sailing. Available from hull and decks onwards to a finished boat. He is negotoating the first sale now.

Any Australians involved or sniffing around?

Knot a stab at Aussies but I've been made a very interesting pre-proposal and just saw that. Don't know too much but the proposed project does seem to be being driven by Roo Rooters. I was wondering if there is a connection.

Now that sounds good BBW. I've looked at the Classe 950 and I like its concept. I mean I'm stone broke so ain't in the market but I like it! Looking forward to hearing/seeing more!

Thanks Brett. Knot sure the exact boat the Aussies are talking but a 'mid 30ft purpose built short handed ocean capable yacht' does sound very 950 like. Just seemed quite a coincidence timing wise.

Hey Brett - boat looked great last night. question - the main has a smaller square top than we've been getting used to, care to elaborate or is it one of Rodders' secrets? Rodders can chime in too

Heard there's been more Strine spoke at Evo Sails recently than a Prawn Barbecuing Convention :lol:

Archived